Author Topic: [Locked] Something to think about  (Read 31099 times)

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
Re: Something to think about
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:30 AM »
thanks for the message. I believe it will end on the 11th of May. It has been since Oct of last year. I can't believe I made it this long. I am hoping and having faith, God Willing, I can leave on the 11th and be done with it. I will hopefully have a better job. Anytime I think I should stay, I just end up feeling 10x worse.

They may wish to extend the contract. I am hoping they don't.
Go talk to your boss's superior if he has one. He has no right to yell at you. I think he is abusing you as his doormat because he believes he can do it with you. I don't think that as christians we always have to suffer everything others are doing to us. Sometimes we have to defend ourselves, just in a good way. So prepare it in prayer together with other christians you trust and talk to the man's boss.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:07:10 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
I am through a temp agency service and I doubt they were much help, being I am still here. I have spoken to them a few times about this.
Like I said, a SMALL company. My guess is, everyone gets along great with each other, and then there's me.
I did stand up for myself a couple times. I am not going to put up with the b.s. and maybe that's partially why he toned it down some.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »
Quote from: WillyP
True, but if we are going to discuss religion then we should discuss politics, too.

Yes, but there is a notable difference between the two. Religion doesn't necessarily HAVE to be an argument. Politics, however, is just another word for arguing. :P

I get what you mean, though. ;)

@ Karx: You've made some good comments in your past couple posts, and I must agree with them. However, in my defense for the scripture quoting, regardless of what you might think, I did not quote that scripture "just for the heck of it." I did indeed have an ulterior motive for posting it, and it was really directed at Vanguard for reading, as I'd figured he'd understand what I was implying with it. My reference to Planet Orange's earlier scripture quote was my way of saying that because he did it without any negative aftereffects, it left me feeling comfortable enough to add in my own. But again, it wasn't "for the heck of it".

I mean no offense to you at all with any of this, so please don't take any. I just want to get this apparent misunderstanding cleared up.

@ Vanguard: I agree with Karx, sticking with this job isn't worth it, not for the treatment you're getting. If going to the powers that be is of no help, then I think going to find new employment is more than justified. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 06:57:13 AM »
the only sad thing is, nice pay. that will hurt. and I have tried so many times over the months to deal with the b.s., and the 'sick to the stomach' feeling. The pay is what will hurt, but I must also have faith that I will be fine afterward. God has helped me and my family/friends though as very rough part when my dad was in the hospital.
I shall continue to believe He will help. I must do the right thing, and I believe I will know the answer soon with my job. And soon, I may once again be somewhere better :)
There may be a reason I have this job for now, and that may be so I can get a car. After that, this job may not be worth it.

Thanks again for everything. I have spoken some to someone else last night about something that has bugged me. It is, for now, maybe for a long time, resolved.

This day certainly is looking brighter.

Another reason not to think of ending your own life, not that I was. I can't even imagine thinking about thinking about it. Did I say that right?

Anyways. I should go, got some work now. thanks again!

update: I hate giving false information, even with trying to make a point. I think most except for the boss, likes me, but I sometimes feel excluding from things. like the big boss will take some out to lunch, but not me. use to be that he did. But I think he likes me, we get along.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:19:54 AM by Vanguard »

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
Scyphi,

it just appeared to me like to quoted something just to quote something. Np if I was wrong I definitely don't feel offended, and you replied in a very polite way, which I notice, acknowledge and appreciate. :) It might have helped saying a bit to your quote, making the intended application clearer to the audience.

Vanguard,

no pay in the world is it worthed being yelled and abused by a boss. I think you are still young. Don't be afraid to risk something and change jobs.

I did stand up for myself a couple times. I am not going to put up with the b.s. and maybe that's partially why he toned it down some.
Tada! You see?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:06:40 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »
+1 for Karx, and totally agreed with the Scriptures that Scyphi and Planet Orange posted (off topic, but Planet Descent has got to be the most respectful board I've ever been on, even on the topic of religion). If the environment is bad, then there's not paycheck that can make up for it. Money can't buy happiness, and loving your job is far more important than the paycheck you make, in my humble opinion.

Not all things are necessarily good in and of themselves, but "all things work together for the good of those who love Him." If it's time for a move, it's time to commit that move to God's hands and step out, knowing that wherever He puts you is greater than where you are right now, even if the pay is slimmer.

But remember, you only have two cheeks to turn. You're not forced to work for anyone, and while you certainly should not retaliate with disrespect or slander, you should stand up for yourself and do what is best for you. Misery isn't in your job description, and therefore it shouldn't be something tolerated merely for a fat paycheck. If you can work it out with your boss, then fantastic - if you can't, then look elsewhere for a career. Only you know what is best for you, and only you can make those decisions.

Seek God's wisdom, then get it done.  ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
Vanguard,

no pay in the world is it worthed being yelled and abused by a boss. I think you are still young. Don't be afraid to risk something and change jobs.

x2 on this, Van.

I personally took a significant pay cut a few years back to get away from a crappy job/employer.  Let me tell you, I have NEVER regretted it.  It not only cut my stress significantly, it allowed me to find my current (awesome) workplace. 

Thus, my advice: Do it, get out. 

P.S. Don't you EVER think that getting away from a crappy job is "weakness".  Quite the opposite, actually.  It takes courage and strength to make the jump when you don't know exactly what's ahead.  Good luck.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »
the ONLY thing stopping me is "what if I don't find a job and there's no unemployment."

I am leaning sooooooooooooooooooooooo close to leaving this place on the 11th of May.

I know what you've all been saying, and I appreciate it. I'd be lying if I said I disagree on a lot of that. I left a job once because I didn't like what a temp agency said. "You're there only one week." not the best pay, and 25 miles+ to get there with my Ford F250, was hurting me.
I figured, one week, that's nothing. But he soon said "stay there until I find you something else."
I'm at work hearing others saying to others "you think you're here a week? man, been here 6 months."

I still left the job after Friday. he was not happy and is no longer helping me find a job. I lost unemployment. Somehow, I was still okay. God provided though. I am praying God will do this again.
I am preparing myself for the plunge.

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 11:06:09 AM »
Don't you EVER think that getting away from a crappy job is "weakness".  Quite the opposite, actually.  It takes courage and strength to make the jump when you don't know exactly what's ahead.  Good luck.
Couldn't have said it better!

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 07:10:41 PM »
yeah. it's quite the risk. if I leave it, and there's no jobs available, I am sort of S.O.L.

One day soon, this will end.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
Quote from: karx-elf-erx
In that light Bet's comment was rather ... confused. Now I remember some of her concepts of life, the world and everything from about two years ago, and that also was quite a crude mixture of philosophy and humanism with some esoteric flavor.

I didn't realize you were Diedel but your comment is typical of what you used to say on the other forums you once were allowed to attend.

Vanguard. I will come right out and tell you that I don't believe in the bible God and I don't believe I ever did. However I still believe in the church and I go every Saturday evening or Sunday because I've always had a personal relationship with Jesus.

If you want some very good and very free advice I recommend you talk with a priest. You're not going to get peace of mind on any forum even though PD is the best of them all. I have a priest and a chaplain that I talk with frequently and they've helped me cope in many ways on many problems I had in my life.

Bettina

"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
I appreciate your free advice, coming from a forum  :P

I can't tell you if I am hoping to get advice or simply to vent. I appreciate what everyone has said. Normally I'd agree with you. Forums aren't really the best way to ask for help. Those Q & A's aren't either, and in some cases, worse. You have no idea who is giving you advice, who is being real about it and who is kidding around.

However, I believe God can use anyone He chooses, even a non-believer. Even a person who doesn't even think He exist. And before you think I am talking about you or anything, I am not. I am merely pointing out that maybe, someone in this forum, or a group of people have been sent from God to help me on this case. Maybe not.
I believe everything happens for a reason. Be it a smart person or a dumb person, rich or poor, man or woman, tall or small, quiet or loud, etc etc, I believe God can use that person.

And don't worry everyone, I know that on May 11th, maybe sooner, I will know exactly what to do. I don't know if I mentioned this or was going to write a longer post and ended up erasing it, but I don't normally get into stuff like this on a forum. But this is making my head spin. I have had no jobs before, no good reliable car. I have lost a father and a house.
I feel like this is different. It's like in a way, it's my choice. I can say "yes, I'll stay at the job" or "no, I won't."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:46:10 PM by Vanguard »

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »
Quote from: karx-elf-erx
In that light Bet's comment was rather ... confused. Now I remember some of her concepts of life, the world and everything from about two years ago, and that also was quite a crude mixture of philosophy and humanism with some esoteric flavor.

I didn't realize you were Diedel but your comment is typical of what you used to say on the other forums you once were allowed to attend.
Aaah, just tell they guy that nothing he says has any value anyway. As far as I can remember I have hardly ever (if at all) done more in the past that just silently shaken my head at your wild mix of life philosophy.

It is not hard to see through the tender and sensitive appearance you are trying to give yourself.  You have turned into a rather arrogant young person. It is typical for such people that when they have nothing substantial to respond, they instead resort to some cheap way of brushing off things they don't like to hear, like you just did.

Vanguard. I will come right out and tell you that I don't believe in the bible God and I don't believe I ever did. However I still believe in the church and I go every Saturday evening or Sunday because I've always had a personal relationship with Jesus.
Reading this is confirming that I was right on the spot with my above comment. If you had a true personal relationship with Jesus you wouldn't have any problems believing the Bible and in the God of Bible. Going to church doesn't make you a christian, and without the God of the Bible the church would be nothing and Jesus wouldn't mean a thing. Concluding from your not believing in the God of the Bible (and things you had said elsewhere), you neither accept the existance of sin nor the necessity and reality of salvation. From that alone it is pretty clear that you reject the most significant elements of true Christianity, and extrapolating from there I think it is safe to say that you don't even know what having a real relationship with Jesus means; otherwise you couldn't deny these things.

As I said, whether you like to hear that or not: your concept of the world seems pretty confused, and brushing anything off that tries to penetrate the walls of the illusions you have built up there (or to express it more scriptural: The spiritual strongholds in your mind) doesn't hurt anybody but yourself in the end.

Looking at all this, two scriptures are coming to my mind: One about people giving themselves an appearance of godliness, but rejecting the true God, and one about those people that call Jesus "Master" and use his name, but don't belong to him. If I was you I wouldn't want to belong to any of these categories, and right now you do.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:05:15 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:36 AM »
Deidel, Bet, both of you, drop it. It's not worth arguing over.

Quote from: Vanguard
I feel like this is different. It's like in a way, it's my choice.

Because it IS your choice, and never was there a time when it wasn't. You, and you alone, can make the choice. No else will, nor should, make it for you. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
EDIT: Scyphi got to it before me. He's right. This debate helps no one. I doubt anyone convinced in their spiritual beliefs here is going to question them because some other forum member looked at their junk funny. Take the discussion elsewhere if it's that important to you. I'd hate to lock this thread after everything was going so well.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:25:26 AM by D2Junkie »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets