Author Topic: [Locked] Something to think about  (Read 31107 times)

Offline Planet Orange [phx13]

• Silver
Re: Something to think about
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »
I have one thing to say:
Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my father only.
Go Suns!

"To God be the Glory".
-Greg Jennings
Super Bowl XLV

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »
very nice

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »
I'm not trying to enforce or, make myself look better, but I need to re-read this topic I created. My head is spinning. I need help. I need advice, and I have no where to turn. Everyone I have spoken to, have heard it 1000 times,
Advice on dealing with the end of the world? Ignore it, it's a load of crap. Treat it no different than any other day, except maybe being a bit more careful of loonies. God will end the world when he wants to, if that's what you believe. You can't predict it, and you can't prevent it even if you can, so why bother worrying?

Seriously, Vanguard, you're kind of starting to scare me. What's up?

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
I'm not worried about the end of the world stuff. it's present/personal stuff going on

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 05:17:29 AM »
Since Planet Orange took the liberty of quoting scripture...

James 1:5-6 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
Yes, one who lives without a direction in their life, is doomed to be tossed and drifted by whatever happens.

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »
I agree with that, Bet.

Why so negative, Diedel?
I am not negative, my very young Padawan, I am realistic.

Even if life would last another billion years on this planet, it is

a) rather unlikely that it would be human life
b) wouldn't give you a billion year's time to spend with your friends

unless you believe in rebirth, that is, which would be highly unscientific, and you were better off believing the Bible then.

In that light Bet's comment was rather ... confused. Now I remember some of her concepts of life, the world and everything from about two years ago, and that also was quite a crude mixture of philosophy and humanism with some esoteric flavor.

James 1:5-6 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed."

Now if this had anything to do with this thread ... posting quotes from the Bible just for the heck of it is pointless.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:15:53 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »

Now if this had anything to do with this thread ... posting quotes from the Bible just for the heck of it is pointless.
If it was "just for the heck of it" it would be pointless, but it is relevant (IMO) and very applicable.  Obviously, the OP indicates that Vanguard has some religious/biblical beliefs.  So does Scyphi and the scripture Scyphi quoted is very good advice to anyone who has religious/biblical beliefs.  The scripture Planet Orange quoted advises believers to not be sucked in to "the end is tomorrow" thinking and instead live each day to enjoy it while also living in a manner that each us of might be ready to "meet our maker" instead of procrastinating until too late.

It apparently doesn't seem to mean anything to you and that's OK but it means something to others. 

Getting back on topic...
Vanguard, I think it's very commendable that you were thinking about what you've accomplished in our life thus far, and also about the wasted things you've done.  I'm very glad that you've decided to try to not waste time so much, and that you're going to be trying to enjoy life and opportunity.  I hope you are enjoying life even though (as you said) times can be tough, and I hope the same for everyone else here.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
True, but if we are going to discuss religion then we should discuss politics, too.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »
thanks techpro. I'm working on it, and as far as my job is concerned, I am praying hard that I am doing the right thing about leaving it. It has caused me stress in a way I have not felt before. Maybe I'm a weakling. Maybe so many other people go through this and toughen up about it.
It's a small company, so you run into certain people often enough. The boss use to yell a lot to me, and because of that, I use to feel so sick to my stomach, I'd almost feel like throwing up.
Sometimes, even now, just the thought of him on my case for whatever, I'd get so nervous and almost nauseous . Even at home, if someone would do or say something, and I'd have NO fear over them, I'd instantly feel nauseous again.

update: The odd thing is, I think it's personal. The boss wants me to get something done by a certain date, and will be on my case a lot. And the other worker can go on and on and on without doing it, and certainly not busy, some of this is what I am waiting on so I can continue with the projects. But does he get after him? no. not at all. they go out to lunch, talk in the boss's cubicle about whatever. /end update

It has improved some, but I have no interest in the job. no interest in what they say about the company. and I can spend 5 hours plus on the net because there is nothing else to do, and that is BORING. Thus is why I have posted on here a lot lately.

I am praying I can get a car soon because my truck is falling apart and is already $700 a month on payments+gas.

I am losing this job soon I believe, and I know it may sound crazy to try to get a car instead of a truck, but the car would be cheaper and less expensive at the pumps.

I'm under a bit of stress. I know I know, I am a weakling.

sorry about that conversation.

WillyP, I thought we had discussed politics at times. I understand the no political/religious sort of conversations. I do apologize that my topic may have veered off in that direction. I was hoping it'd just stay more of topic with the "don't worry about life. just enjoy it, and spend time wisely".

Probably my fault.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:46:07 PM by Vanguard »

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 01:37:10 AM »
TechPro,

your attempt to connect Scyphi's quote to the other one looks a little too far fetched for me. :)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 04:21:21 AM »
WillyP, I thought we had discussed politics at times. I understand the no political/religious sort of conversations. I do apologize that my topic may have veered off in that direction. I was hoping it'd just stay more of topic with the "don't worry about life. just enjoy it, and spend time wisely".

Probably my fault.

lol, I got jumped on from at least three directions just for posting a link to a political article.  And, i don't see anything wrong with anything you wrote.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 05:12:50 AM »
i didn't think I jumped on you. I thought I was just making a statement. lol

I read in some forum that it can be hard to read people online. It sure can be true.

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 05:17:05 AM »
Vanguard,

you are not a weakling. Don't let this get further under your skin. If your boss is yelling at you, then it is massive abuse and he is a disrespectful bastard and shouldn't be a boss, period. Being a christian doesn't mean you must not call things what they are. If your boss has a superior himself, talking to that person might help; but better to leave that company and find a better job before it totally ruins not just your physical, but also your psyche's health. I don't think you should pray a lot about that, and I doubt God wants your health to be damaged there. Better pray that God will give you a good new job. The only important thing is to forgive and let God be the judge - that will do miracles for your health and chances in the next job. :)

karx
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:22:08 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:05 AM »
thanks for the message. I believe it will end on the 11th of May. It has been since Oct of last year. I can't believe I made it this long. I am hoping and having faith, God Willing, I can leave on the 11th and be done with it. I will hopefully have a better job. Anytime I think I should stay, I just end up feeling 10x worse.

They may wish to extend the contract. I am hoping they don't.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:15:02 AM by Vanguard »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets