Author Topic: Happy Easter! and news  (Read 3643 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Happy Easter! and news
« on: April 24, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Happy Easter everyone! Mine is going along pretty well :) I was able to finally play the original Descent game. Right now, it's the original with nothing added. So yeah, the graphics are really really low, there is a sound delay. It doesn't fill up the screen, (Black bars all around), mouse didn't move as fast as I had it before, but it was still a BLAST!!!!

I sure did miss the classic Descent games. Brings back great old memories.

I normally was going to play Call of Duty Black Ops, I mean hey, it's a THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!, but.........I have PS3.............yep.

Network has been down since last Wednesday. Some idiotic hacker or hackers. Spoiled a lot of peoples three day weekend.

Back to Descent, I hope to get the first two looking better and running smoother. Running into issues with Descent 3. I can't hit play because it says I need to select a video. When I click on 'video' in setup, it freezes.

Anyways, hope you all had a great Happy Easter, or whatever people call it these days.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Happy Easter! and news
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:17:19 AM »
hey, day late but Happy Easter to you to, and everyone else as well.  :D
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:20:48 AM »
Ditto.

Didn't do anything particularly special for Easter, though. It was actually fairly uneventful. But the weather was surprisingly clear and nice and sunny, unlike the rest of the week, and it's gone now, so we got nice weather for Easter. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:34 AM »
so we got nice weather for Easter. :)

That we did

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
Everyone knows PC gaming is better than PS3.

Er... I mean... Happy Easter!

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 07:59:33 AM »
I would have fun playing Call of Duty Black Ops on PC, but it doesn't work on linux or imac, like it said it does (using playonlinux/mac that is).

I like PC also. I have Call of Duty 2 on that, and um...what's that game where you go in the mine and shoot things?!?!???? oh.......Descent!  ;D

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
Despite what Scyphi said ... we actually did something 'special' (but he was elsewhere).

We microwaved some Peeps.  ;D  Then gave equal sized bags of candy to the two youngest kids and some plastic Easter Eggs ... Then told them to put the candy in the eggs themselves and they could hide the eggs themselves, then search for them. ...  They did.  Twice. (so you know they had fun)

Meanwhile I stayed indoors and worked at getting Commander Keen 9 working.  Those who are Commander Keen fans ... Yes, the IS a Commander Keen 9.  Released in February 2011.  Requires DOSBox.  We now have 1 through 9 plus Keen Dreams.  :D   Send me a PM and I'll reveal the info about version 7 through 9 (plus the original 1 through 6).  I know how you can get them all, and get them to work on Windows, Linux, and Mac (so long as you can get DOSBox working).

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »
released in 2011 and needs DOSBox? what? lol.

I miss Ultrabots. That was another fun game I use to play.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 04:36:02 PM »
Easter sucked so bad for me. (I work at a grocery store.) I had to be at work at 8am, which meant I had to be awake at 6, and in the past 6 months I hadn't had to wake up before 10, so I was SOOO not used to it! Finally, break time came and I was starving, as I usually am if I work a morning shift because I usually have breakfast and lunch before working an evening shift. I forgot my wallet. Infuriated, I got to eat nothing, and by the time 4 o'clock came, I was soooo exhausted. Haven't felt that used and abused in forever. I inhaled some leftover food from the day before when I got home and took a nap. I hate holidays. But hey, that's why I'm in college.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 08:47:10 AM »
About CK9...because Techpro didn't make it clear, this is not an official game, but a mod fans have pieced together. But they did a pretty good job with it, so...

Anyway, while Techpro's been messing around with Commander Keen, I'VE been playing the (for the moment) much more interesting Portal 2. And I'VE got the only computer that'll run it, too.  ;D

I just didn't play it on Easter Day, so hence why I didn't mention it before. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets