Author Topic: Descent 3 Sector  (Read 11736 times)

Crash

Re: Descent 3 Sector
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 03:28:21 AM »
No, I read the whole thing. I honestly wasn't too lazy to read two lines. I just wasn't too certain at the time about what you were hitting at.
I think I really am with you now though.

They say a hero is he who resists a wise-crack or ... something like that. That's not me, obviously.
You have a devious nature, sir but on the other hand, I have too much pride and too little patience to exercise mine if I could be bothered to find it.

Obviously, we're describing two different 'life situations' as well. I was just relating it to my nearest frame of reference. I think when it comes down to it though, I just really *hate* haters.
Whenever I come across them I see a vision of petty, little, back-biting trolls.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 03:58:18 AM »
No, I mean, if your background is black then you missed some post.
Quote it.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 06:44:53 AM »
Speaking of which, that text is REALLY small...had to squint in order to read it. :P

I can see what you're getting at with hinting towards something and then playing tricks with people's minds when they THINK they've got it right, but don't really. I actually kind of like it when led off the trail, because then when you discover what will REALLY happen, it's a surprise. :)

I'm not surprised people said it wouldn't happen when you dropped hints about AOH's existence, because the experience has been in the Descent world that projects of that magnitude usually never happen or never get finished. Most people have decided it's better to be skeptical than get their hopes up over something that ultimately never happens, which, on a whole, may not be so bad a practice.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Crash

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »
Ahh, yeah - black is the default, right?

Speaking of which, Firefox 4 sucks for magnifing doesn't it? I can't find any menu options to zoom in and it doesn't even have a "reset to 100%" button. You gotta guess what 100% looks like for yourself.
Split off to here: Firefox 4...WillyP...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:32:54 PM by ...WillyP... »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 04:29:08 PM »
I've split off the Firefox discussion: Firefox 4
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
Speaking of which, that text is REALLY small...had to squint in order to read it. :P

...well... it's supposed to be hidden...

You're supposed to need to copy and paste it into a text document to read it.  I need to make it smaller from now on.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »

...well... it's supposed to be hidden...

You're supposed to need to copy and paste it into a text document to read it.  I need to make it smaller from now on.
I just quote it.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 04:24:14 AM »
That works too... and I can't really stop it.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 06:08:41 AM »
That's how I knew that text was even there, myself, I had noticed it got quoted earlier, and it showed up in the quote.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 12:36:41 PM »
I need to make it smaller from now on.
Thank you for reminding me to double-check my minimum font size settings in chrome.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets