Author Topic: Coups  (Read 11128 times)

Offline Top Gun

• Silver
  • PD Pyro
Re: Coups
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 12:19:42 AM »
No, I mean, look at this.  Or even more tellingly, this.  When I see the exact same post appear on another forum I visit, that starts to set off some flags. :P

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 01:44:19 AM »
 :o Now, that is something... interesting... to know.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 03:26:37 AM »
why do I have -1? I don't know. Did I offend someone? say something they didn't want to hear? were they just crabby and giving some random people a -1 powerup? who knows.
Don't feel too bad about it. My experiences with the internet reveal that forum "karma" systems are usually nowhere near reflective of how people actually view a member in a community. heh

(if you don't believe me, I'm pretty sure one of my negs is because I disagreed with someone (not naming names))

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 06:09:10 AM »
Quote from: Vanguard
Like this powerup/powerdown feature you have . . . I see no reason why any forum would have one...

That's exactly what I said when the forum first went up! And how did people respond to it? They gave me a bunch of powerups. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:31:58 AM »
I've actually seen many a forum put up "karma" systems and remove them only a week later because no one uses them for serious purposes. while a small community like this is less likely to abuse it, there are still exceptions as I mentioned.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:04 AM »
No, I mean, look at this.  Or even more tellingly, this.  When I see the exact same post appear on another forum I visit, that starts to set off some flags. :P

Thank you for pointing that out. I suppose unless something does happen like that, something that violates our rules, etc, I still see no reason to just ignore them.
i hate to be too quick to judge, but what was pointed out, sure does raise some flags though.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »
why do I have -1? I don't know. Did I offend someone? say something they didn't want to hear? were they just crabby and giving some random people a -1 powerup? who knows.
Don't feel too bad about it. My experiences with the internet reveal that forum "karma" systems are usually nowhere near reflective of how people actually view a member in a community. heh

(if you don't believe me, I'm pretty sure one of my negs is because I disagreed with someone (not naming names))

I don't even know why I got into it like that. must be the nasty cold I have, and mind is just not clear.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets