Author Topic: Cheating is fun!!  (Read 9989 times)

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
Re: Cheating is fun!!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »
I used to often cheat in Basewars for 'testing' purposes, it was quite interesting to setup entire grids of turrets around NPCs, or even spawn additional enemies for a bigger challenge. Cheating in 'Hyperspace Apotheosis' will also reveal some interesting results with the old countermeasures. :)
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Hello Hunter! Welcome to PlanetDescent.net!  ;)
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 06:28:40 PM »
Thanks. Didn't know this place existed.. And a little disgruntled that it does :P
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you, Hunter.  :P

The fact that there is another PD that mimics the current planetdescent.com tends to polarize people. However, I think that with the added power and usability of this site, it's safe to say that rather than being built simply in pretense, this site has the capability to build upon the present PD user base and make it even more inviting to newcomers.

However, that does not mean that I do not visit or contribute to PD.com; on the contrary, that's the very thing we're trying to uphold here. I even make it a point never to add links to this website even if they are downloadable files of mine, just to avoid being accused of linkspamming or leeching.

I believe that with the two sites can peacefully coexists as long as PD.com stays up. If that's many years to come, then wonderful. If that's not, then at the very least we've got somewhere to go.  ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »
Hi Hunter! You have the distinction of being the first person to make a hit from a non-us location on the hit map found on the front page!.

And although this place is fine for the moment, I *really* wouldn't want it to become the replacement for PD if it goes down. I'd much rather perfer a place with a mirror or copy of the old PD database using the same scripts.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets