Author Topic: Desktops 2011  (Read 76374 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: Desktops 2011
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »
I have pretty much overhauled my computer to be MechWarrior themed. That includes the initial windows vista power up jungle so that it now says "all new arrivals please register at the ComStar terminal" from MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries (I actually had to hax my computer for this. Login is the powerup of a mech. Shutdown is the shutdown of a mech. Right click menus now have sound effects of MechWarrior menus. Default windows sounds are also MechWarrior. Etc.

I have two backgrounds that I will post in about a week.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2011, 08:24:00 PM »
Zero... You disturb me sometimes.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2011, 05:32:34 AM »
Thanks Matt
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »
Can't say I blame him, though. My computer does GLaDOS impersonations when it boots up.  ;D

I've actually been meaning to ask this. Does anybody else have the sound schemes on their computers personalized to play different sounds, and if so, what sounds?

Not to derail the topic, of course. Maybe I should have asked this in a new thread...

@ wazzazzle: Yes, I caught the 'Silver has the gravity gun personality core' part, but the best way I could think of to respond to it, was to post what I did. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2011, 06:45:22 AM »
I don't know why, but I could never stand custom sound schemes (with the exception of replacing some of the vague and hard-to-hear sounds used since vista with their xp counterparts -- like the usb sounds). I guess I'm just weird :P

(then again, I also almost never customize my color schemes or the like. I guess I just can't decide on something that looks good ever).

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
I'd love to personalize my sound scheme, but I'm such a DIYer when it comes to anything including sound I'd have to make all the sounds myself or be completely unsatisfied.  (And my background is still a giant coyote, so I need them to fit that...)
And even once I've personalized the sound scheme I'd probably be changing it again really soon.
So... not yet.  I'm not good at sticking with decisions when they involve things I make and I could (and will) improve on.
I think I do almost have enough sounds I've made that I like though.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
You made my day 'Zero.
I decided that I made my default start-up the "Register Sibko Identity" quote from Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, since **clanner\** I am mostly part of Clan Wolf **clanner/** (yes, you have 2 choices between Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf in the original retail Mechwarrior 2).

(If you don't know what a Sibko is, look it up at the Battletech Wiki/Sarna.net (it also has several knowledgebases for Mechwarrior)

Anywho, added more wallpapers into my randomizer-
#1, Assault Tech 1: Battletech, gang up on the downed Catapult (It got all of it's leg actuators destroyed)-

(Note: the Marauder IIC configuration that I'm piloting is custom)

#2, Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy, Stone Rhino (Inner Sphere name, Behemoth)-

EDIT: #3, As a tribute of my fun on Mechwarrior: Living Legends, I've added another one-
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:36:03 PM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:41 PM »
I live!

And here's my Desktop!

Picture by MarcelloRupelli on deviantart: http://marcellorupelli.deviantart.com/
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »
Wolf, does MechWarrior Living Legends have joystick support?

Ok! I have successfully moved into my new house and got my computer set up again.

Current:

The other (Currently on my phone):

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »
Wolf, does MechWarrior Living Legends have joystick support?
Yep, it sure does.
But the current version (0.5.1) of Living Legends now only supports Crysis Wars.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2011, 06:11:51 AM »
Nice, Darc, a foxy lady with a KZ!

Nice detail in those levels, Omega, what game(s) are they from?
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2011, 11:02:04 AM »
The second pic is from the game MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries. It is your office.

The first is a remake of the one below. Someone did that in paintshop or something, IDK. But it looks cool.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2011, 11:19:19 PM »
Woo, Now I'm running windows 7! So I pretty much lost all my old stuff, but this was the only image I had, and didn't feel like grabbing another, so I'll stick with this one. It's nice anyway though. :3

And does anyone know how to make the icons smaller than size 16, because windows won't let me make them smaller. I'm crazy, so I don't like the icons to cover up the nice pictures I have. :P
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2011, 12:43:25 AM »
Yeah, I could use a little help too. My icons are just slightly distracting, ya know?

Size 1 is preferable :)

I'M JUST KIDDING! XD
I think I got my desktop messiness from my parents. They arn't too tech savy. I've been slowly fixing up my cluster. The bad part is that I use a lot of them. The worst part is that sometimes my computer automatically rearranges them into random positions.

Don't mind me. Just help Darc.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2011, 06:19:04 AM »
I believe the small icons size actually roughly emulates the classic icons from uh... Windows 3.1-Windows XP

I kinda wish this view was also in the explorer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets