Author Topic: AHHHHHHHHHH!  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
AHHHHHHHHHH!
« on: June 10, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »

Submitted by: InsanityBringer
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:18:04 PM by Darcshadow7 »
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
Re: AHHHHHHHHHH!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »
Yep, that's 26 of them. It started as a test map, but then I changed it to work like a similar level I made for D2

What happens is a single fusion hulk drops 26 boss bots.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
Talk about an onslaught of final bosses!  :o
How am I suppose to beat them all with honor (ya know, without cheating, not on Trainee or Rookie)?!
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:54:22 AM »
Note to self: Don't EVER destroy the fusion hulks in InsanityBringer's missions.  ;D

But you know? If you wanted to take 'em out honorably, you could probably just nab an invulnerability orb and sit right dead center of the bunch. I mean, 26 Big Reds all firing mega missles at the same exact location is bound to cause just a little damage, don't you think?  ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:37:35 AM »
AHHHHHHHHH! is right. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this pic on the front page. :P

Remind me to never play your levels, InsanityBringer.

Speaking of which, if all of your levels are like this, you are well named. :P x2
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:39:29 AM by Scyphi »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »
Dont worry, my serious missions arent anywhere near this bad. I would never drop that many bosses at once in a serious level. (or any at all)  (although I did once make a level that had Thief-Bot and Guide-Bot generators in it, just to see if I could, so that isn't a serious one either :P)

Remember that anything I'm submitting to the POTD is very unlikely to be a repersentive of my normal work, since the POTD is intended to be slightly humorus in most cases

And if I was to extend the arena more, add invulnerabilities, it would be possible. Killing one kills the rest.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:40:04 AM by InsanityBringer »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 05:45:05 AM »
That's right, it does.

Guess the bosses have some kind of hive mind, or something. When one bites it, they decide they all have to keel over and die, too. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets