Author Topic: Brrrrrr rrr rrr!  (Read 10168 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: Brrrrrr rrr rrr!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:39 AM »
that sort of is funny, alll dressed up and it's only 27 degrees, but like I mentioned, it's what you're used to, or not use to. 90 and humid, I'd die. I was in South Dakota for a weekend in 110 degree weather, dry heat. a tad uncomfortable for me. It's just what we're use to. I can't say I am fond of -10 degrees, and a very cold wind chill, but I've been though it, year after year after year.

and as for that picture of a car with its nose in the snow, you say that came from the news? it looks doctored. no indication of a car went through the snow, nothing packed down. it looks like it flew up in the air, and just crashed there in place. and i'm sort of amazed the weight of the car didn't send it one way or another.
it's a tad hard for me to believe. is there a bridge above and they went over it?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:19:19 AM by Vanguard »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's real, it happened not far from here, IIRC there were something like 10 or 20 cars off the road.  Maybe the brown car on the right followed in it's tracks,  maybe a plow went by, maybe it went airborne over the snow bank.  I don't know.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:24 PM »
I'm afraid I don't have any ideas either. But yes, I am very confident that's a real pic, and yes, I saw the pic (or one like it) on the news (Good Morning America, I believe it was).
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 02:38:41 PM »
Pictures of lots of snow... if you like these, be sure and follow the link at the end to more: Dark Roasted Blend: Cars vs. Snow
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets