Author Topic: The Great Escape -- Theme of the Thief  (Read 2097 times)

Online Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
The Great Escape -- Theme of the Thief
« on: February 01, 2011, 05:55:02 AM »

Considering that the ice boss got his own theme song from me I think the thief deserves one too.  Look at the gallery page for more info and lyrics (yes it actually has lyrics :D).  The song is kind of a cross between Ratzez (on the D2 Redbook) and Rouge the Bat's style of music from Sonic Adventure 2 (Rouge was a thief after all).  The structure of the lyrics themselves was based on "Fill Your Pages" by Zsolt Marx (a song from TrackMania Sunrise).  The lyrics describe the theif perfectly and they could either be from his point of view or the player chasing him, and the song's frenetic pace fits the theif's hyperactivity.
If this had to go in a level I'd say D2 counterstrike level 7, it's such a big, interconnected level that the thief there practically owns it (in fact I've always considered that to be the Thief's "theme" level... it's even the same colours as him).

And yeah, I'll change the picture once I actually get a good shot of the thief.

A bit of trivia -- all the thief's quirks compared to the other robots can be explained by one reason -- he thinks independently compared to the other robots (who seem to have a hive mind -- for the sake of argument I'll say it's in the system's boss robot -- in D1 that would be the inner planets boss 1 and the outer planets boss 2).  The best demonstration of that is that the thief is the only robot that tries to get to the exit and escape the destruction of the mine when the reactor is destroyed... the other robots stay and try to stop you.
Of course I'm just guessing about the story here, but it makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:59:01 AM by wazzazzle »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets