Author Topic: Where have all the good posters gone?  (Read 16372 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Re: Where have all the good posters gone?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 02:08:25 AM »
Would it help if I mentioned that the music playing in my car was Descent Redbook Audio blasting through a 10 subwoofer?  ;D
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 04:36:26 AM »
Would it help if I mentioned that the music playing in my car was Descent Redbook Audio blasting through a 10 subwoofer?  ;D
Yes.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
@ wazzazzle: I like the sound of your summers, sounds like around late spring or early fall for me, just when the temperatures are just right.  :D Dunno if I could live with those cold winters, though.

You're right though. If you're adjusted to it, you can live in just about any climate. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »
I had Descent I and II playing on my mp3 last night. That's Descent related.
Of course as we speak right now, I am listening to "Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2" music.

Ah, call of Duty; Descents' competition.  ;D in my books anyway.

Descent and Call of Duty, great series!

Sadly, COD is easier to play and releases new titles. oh.....wait, just came to me, Descent for Wii, that's new. so that's cool :)
I wonder how that will play on the wii, but there's only one way, and that is to buy it!

edit/update: someone at my job said that it could get to -18 degrees tonight. Lovely.  ::)

Too bad it isn't Friday now. I can just stay home over the weekend, but there's still one more day.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:39:26 AM by Vanguard/V2 »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 05:45:11 AM »
Yesterday (or was it the day before?), a low of -16, today I didn't see the low for last night bu this morning it was -5.

Every where I have looked, weather sites show current and future, often with a little bit of 'coldest day on record' type of history, never a recent history of local temps in the last few days.  I would like to know thing like how cold did it get last night or how much snow we got in the last storm but don't see that anywhere unless it breaks some record.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 08:33:53 AM »
You silly people, it's going to be a nice 68 degrees here today.  :P
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Planet Orange [phx13]

• Silver
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
You silly people, it's going to be a nice 68 degrees here today.  :P

Isn't Arizona weather so nice? ;D
Go Suns!

"To God be the Glory".
-Greg Jennings
Super Bowl XLV

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
Lol, I can't stand those kinds of temperatures in the summer.  My ideal temperature is -10 to 0 celsius... 14 to 32 farenheit.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 06:07:33 AM »
So now I'm curious wazzazzle, if you don't stand those temperatures, what temperatures do you keep your house at?
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 07:21:46 AM »
My ideal temperature is -10 to 0 celsius... 14 to 32 farenheit.

Some people would say that's "cold", but I personally don't mind those temps at all.

I'm personally most comfortable at about 30°-50° F (0°-10° C).

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:11 AM »
Yep, temperature is all subjective... it's just like any other sense.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
YIKES. 40 messages on a Soupe I missed. I suppose I've been gone over a week. I've swapped to night clinicals, working 12 hours a night about twice a week, plus class, plus a day clinical, plus work, plus church, plus band, plus girlfriend.... But I managed to squeeze in a little singleplayer D1 last week. And I've recently been going through the new Sonic Colors in whatever spare time I can find.... Very good Sonic the Hedgehog game, actually, if anyone here cares about the blue guy anymore (considering his troubled past).

And in keeping with the current topic of temperature, it got down to about 15 degrees F here in Birmingham last week. That's pretty intense for us Alabamians. First time I've had to wear a long-sleeve shirt, full coat, knee-high socks, boots, cap, and ski gloves in a while. It was also the first time I remember seeing 6 inches of snow on our lawn, over a layer of ice from freezing rain. Fortunately, we're back up to around 40 or 50 now.  ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 11:15:03 PM »
Well, we're getting the tip of your Northern iceberg here in Houston. My complaints about how the upper 40s was unbearable has now reached an ungodly 19 degree overnight low, and we've got 3 inches of snow predicted for Friday... I do not know how you Northerners stand this crap! This is complete and utter rip-your-hair-out TORTURE for me! I keep warm by jumping up and down and screaming at the top of my lungs, "I HATE WINTER!!!"  >:(

It needs to be 105 already!  8)
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »
ACK! 105's waaaay too hot for me. I start melting around 90, I'd disintegrate at anything higher than that.
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
80, 85, that's about tops for me. 90, plus the humidity, blah!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets