Author Topic: Using all 4 ships  (Read 8576 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: Using all 4 ships
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »
Did he kill him? I don't think the game tells you, but yes, that was bait.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
There are two explainations for the captured pilot on Level 11.

1) He really was a captured Red Acropolis pilot and he happened to say "take the left chute." After that:
a)He went through the right and escaped because of dumb luck that his chute wasn't the trap.
b)Both chutes were traps and he was sent to the proving grounds in his trash can.

2) The guys on the Beagle were idiots and couldn't tell if the new information that they recieved about a captured pilot was a trick or anything. Like they didn't have a duty roster on their ship that made sure everyone was accounted for. Then they sent the MD to go rescue the pilot with the upmost confidence that he was one of theirs. And then the escape WAS STAGED.

IT'S A TRAP!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »
Until that mission I had thought MD1032 was their only pilot as well.  But if that was the case you'd think they would figure it out... they can't be that stupid.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
They had someone rescue Dr. Sweitzer on Lv2.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
And obviously someone has to pilot the beagle! :P

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
Of course I also thought when they said pilot they must mean pyro pilot.  Despite the fact that he's in a ship that looks like Shuttle Serendi..p..it...y... it was 10 years ago!

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »
That particular ship used by the 'captured' pilot always looked to me like a floating Christmas ornament.  Nothing sneaky about it at all.  It screamed "Look at me!" so loudly with it's array of little lights on it's 'fins' it's no surprise that you would be going to sleep while trying to keep from running over it's back end while following it through the passages at what was probably it's best possible speed because it didn't have any more power available to the engine.  No wonder he'd been supposedly captured.  How could Dravis' henchmen have missed spotting him?  For that matter, they had probably caught up with his ship in their sleep.  Dravis: "Capture that ship."  Henchman: "Already done, sir.  It was blocking our view and blinding us."

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »
His voice was... wierd...
He sounded like Harrison Ford (as Han Solo obviously).

Especially wierd if you compare what you hear with what you see at the top of the screen.
On a related note we're planning some voice acting for the full release of Army of Haloon (esp, for MD0071Q).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:31:40 PM by wazzazzle »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets