Poll

Which movie in your opinion, is the best of this year (2010)?

Inception
Iron Man 2
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Tron Legacy
How to Train your Dragon
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Narnia
The Fighter
True Grit
Shrek 4
That Repunsle movie with the long blonde hair
Others (specify a title)

Author Topic: Best Movie of 2010  (Read 11541 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Best Movie of 2010
« on: December 31, 2010, 01:45:49 PM »
1 vote
Only show the results after someone has posted

I'll go with Tron.

"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Re: Best Movie of 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:05:22 PM »
I'm going with Inception.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
Darn it, I haven't seen some of these yet, like Tron Legacy (which I DO want to see), Narnia, and a couple of others, so I can't say.

I know it's definitely NOT Harry Potter 7, there hasn't been a good Harry Potter movie released since Harry Potter 2, and that one was only okay. I also doubt it'd be Shrek 4 too. And Ironman 2, as it just wasn't as good as the first one. :|

I have a sneaking suspicion that once I've seen a few of these, though, it'll be either Tron Legacy or How to Train your Dragon (the latter of which I HAVE seen). :)

Maybe Inception, but I dunno how soon I'll get to see it, if ever. It depends.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
Harry potter all the way.

If you're picky enough to think Harry Potter wasn't good you won't like Tron either, at least non best-movie material. It's cool as hell, but not the best story/movie of all time.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
Only show the results after someone has posted
Why?

I wanted to take a peek at the results to see what others liked, but since I generally don't watch movies (for some dumb reason), I don't have anything to vote.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
I didn't like Harry Potter that much because Harry did not get to the the killing....Well, at least stunning of enemies. Remember that one scene in the coffee shop? They did some fighting there, but after that, they were always being chased. STAND UP AND SHOOT! I would have pulled out a machine gun! And when that insane gal was holding Hermioney hostage, I wanted to walk up the stairs in the back and do EXACTLY
this
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »
Read the books zero... Seriously.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:13 PM »
This this tread is about movies, not books.

All though I have to say that I like how Hedwig goes out in a blaze of glory in the movie, rather than the book.
The book was like:

Harry: WE GOTTA GO!!!!!11!1!!!1!21!
Hedwig: *dies
Harry:  :<

Hagrid: WELL GEE, SORREH!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:04:41 PM by NUMBERZero »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 03:48:48 AM »
I just finished reading 'Order of the Phoenix'.
This this tread is about movies, not books.
Not like we have a great tradition of staying on topic here! ;)
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:02 AM »
@ Matt: Well, I personally know I won't like the Harry Potter 7 movie because I didn't like the Harry Potter 7 book. I mean, it was a satisfactory enough way to end it all, but it definitely wasn't the best either, kept dragging on and on and on...it felt like Rowling was purposely trying to stall.

That and the fact that movie #2 WAS the last Harry Potter movie that I liked. Have abhorred all the rest since.

And what irks me is that, of all the movies they could've chose to do two parts in, they do that one, the one that drags on forever! XP

And I'm with NUMBERZero too, the HP7 had too much running and hiding and not enough standing and fighting, that was another issue about it.

Now about Tron: Legacy...I was afraid I was going to hear that it specialized in special effects, but would, again, be lacking in story. That was the original Tron's biggest problem. Great concept, but they didn't do anything with it, and I was immensely afraid they were going to do it again with Legacy, part of the reason why I haven't taken the time to watch it yet. :|

Sounds like I might be voting for "How To Train Your Dragon" after all. 'Cuz that one was undeniably good. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 07:19:41 AM »
No "Expendables"? That's my movie of almost every year! I haven't seen a single movie you have in the polls, not a single one. Only a few I heard of, some I haven't even heard of.

The Expendables was perfect. It had great actors, good action, good story. saw it when I was at some job I hated. I only wanted to see a movie with destruction, and I saw Stallone on the Tonight show with Jay Leno.
I had to see it, I did, and I loved it!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 08:58:12 AM »
Scott Pilgrim was the best.  The moment it ended I wanted to see it again.  No competition (well, except maybe Tron).

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
Whilst it may be a thread about movies, the movie is based on a book.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
Oh here we go. How HP4 should have ended!
http://imgur.com/8EhcL

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »
@ NUMBERzero: Ha! That would've made things a lot simpler. :P
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets