Author Topic: All looks good, but monitor doesn't light up  (Read 11152 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: All looks good, but monitor doesn't light up
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »
Hey cool!   :o That version had remixed music from the original Descent.  You can play it in a CD player I think.

As for D3, register here (http://www.dateiliste.com/) and PM Thomas about it.  As we know that you already have a license for D3, we can help you get a new copy (and without the tedious setup and upgrading process).

I'm not sure I follow what you mean. oh wait, play the original descent disc in a CD player, for music? I'll check it out once I get home.

As for this D3 thing, I don't have any copies right now, but I could probably buy them at amazon pretty cheap. The only thing I hate about the windows edition on linux is (and maybe it's my fault), I can't get the second disc mounted so it can continue to install.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »
I think I found what you mean techopro. If it's the tar.bz folder/files, how do you extract or install that? I was only good with rpm's. well, simple click and install is why.

my guess is, I need a copy of the Windows edition? That's probably still cheap on amazon.
With the Loki CDs, I didn't need the Windows edition at all.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
I don't have any edition right now of D3.

as for that music, yep, 13 tracks found on the CD. I was going to ask if I could upload them for ya, but it looks like it's already in the d1 music section.

speaking of d1 music found on the mac disc, isn't the intro to track 8 (#2 being the first song you can play, #1 not being a song; but rather data) , the same as the music in the game "Chromiun"? You may need to know Linux. Not sure if that's available for Windows and/or mac. It's a game that may be installed on your computer by default, depending on the linux distro and release.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:16:23 PM by Vanguard »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets