Author Topic: Your top anime series?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Your top anime series?
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:19:39 PM »
If you are into anime or into a few anime, which ones are your favorites?
As for me, I'm not much of an Otaku but, I only liked a FEW anime series (Nothing wrong with anime, though).
Anyways, I liked Robotech seasons 1-3 (obviously!) (I like the series, but not freakin' Harmony Gold (you know what happened to the Macross-Robotech mechs within Mechwarrior/Battletech, right :P (past and present) as well as the original Transformers G1 Jetfire figure from 1985), Gundam Wing, G-force: Guardians of Space (I remember that series as a kid), Eureka Seven, and Macross Plus.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Your top anime series?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »
My sister is really into manga, but none of us here can watch much anime because we don't get the channels, and most TV streaming websites are not available in Canada.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:25:52 AM »
I don't think I have one, but I seem to keep drawing Zero.

Clicky clicky, please!

Mah first time drawing him ON PAPER. Third time total. I drew him twice previously on the DSi.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »
Can't say I'm that big a fan of anime.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 07:21:36 AM »
I'll gladly take jrpgs, but anime really fails to interest me.

Offline Canceler

• Silver
  • reee!
    • visit my plebsite
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:16:56 AM »
Great suggestion you make Canceler ;)

As for me, I really like a LOT of animes, but I will list some of my favorites (in no specific order): Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Sailor Moon, Death Note, Ojamajo Doremi, Elfen Lied, Naruto (specially Shippuden), Card Captor Sakura, Digimon, Lucky Star, Kuroshitsuji, Soul Eater, xxxHolic, Ouran Host Club and a huge lot more. :P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:26:09 AM by Pumo »
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 07:42:29 AM »
I actually think I have a couple.

Code Lyoko. They would go into this virtual world to stop this computer in their basement of their underground base which would somehow be able to damage the real world. They would go into the virtual world and appear as cool avatars with specific specializations. One had a katana, one was like a monkey and shot darts from his wrist. I'd pick Zero as my avatar. There would be no stopping Zero.

Day of Sigma OVA for Megaman X. Not really a series, but a 30 minute animation. (IDK what OVA means)

The occational Pokemon movie. Some of the movies were good. Tree of beginning was one of my favorites. The first is a good one. Something about Garatina was a very good one, but the grass pokemon that tagged along was annoying. The main antagonist was named Zero which was interesting. Deyoxis is one of my favorites. All others are either in shark territory, or I just forgot that I liked them. I haven't seen all of them, though.

I'll just say no to the TV show nowadays.

I think I used to watch a little bit of...what was it? I think it was Gundam Wing. See? I don't even know the name. ;)

And that's Zero's limited look into the realm of anime :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 07:50:37 AM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Planet Orange [phx13]

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:34:09 AM »
Back in the day it was all about Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Dragonball Z. Anime I enjoy now are Clannad, D. Gray-man, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Naruto, Kanon, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note(amazing soundtrack), and others...
Go Suns!

"To God be the Glory".
-Greg Jennings
Super Bowl XLV

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
Regarding soundtracks, I would also recommend highly Wolf's rain soundtrack.
It's simply a superb piece of art (of course, made by the greatest Yoko Kano ;) )
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets