Author Topic: Best D2 Singleplayer Missions  (Read 13046 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Best D2 Singleplayer Missions
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 08:47:18 AM »
Oops! Sorry!  ::) Fixed it. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 03:06:43 AM »
The effects are only a small part of a good D2X-XL level. It's the level design and the gameplay that make it. Most levels do not use that many effects. You already have the increased size and level of detail, skyboxes, colored light, advanced trigger mechanisms, better models, etc. etc. All these do not depend on effects (some of which aren't very demanding - people should be able to use smoke and light trails on all but the lowliest computers).

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 06:39:27 AM »
True, the same is true of any Descent level.

But then you get to computers like my own laptop, and then it can't even handle that much. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »
I third the Project Hydro mission, that is a nice mission. I also recommend Legacy of Chaos if you want a nice, hard 3 level mission with new robots by Darkhorse/Sirius.
There is indeed a toned down version of the Enemy Within level set. The boss still has those weapons and that weakness but his reaction time should be insanely slower on Trainee and Rookie and slightly decreased for Hotshot and Ace. Insane is still Insane though.

Offline Bagheera

• Silver
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
I guess my boss was particularly evil on hotshot then...he would kept blindfiring megas into the spawn area if i was anywhere near the door when it opened...even when i flared it open and hid xD

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets