Author Topic: D2X-XL demo mission  (Read 18713 times)

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
Re: D2X-XL demo mission
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 12:36:33 PM »
Fox,

there was a bug in DLE-XP where reactor trigger data wasn't properly saved. I am just fixing this. You will need to use DLE-XP 1.8.37 to either fix the triggers manually or have them fixed by the diagnosis function for you (which would just link the reactor to all exits in the level).

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 12:44:41 PM »
And that will fix the crashing on reactor destruction?

Nice, I thought the fix would be harder (on most game engines I've tried building for [Fusion engine, Source engine] it is much harder to fix a crash).

@Foil: Just like I told Techpro, wait for me to update the level, the current version on DMDB has problems.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:52:01 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
DLE-XP 1.8.37 is online (www.descent2.de).

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »
Thanks, I'll download and fix when I get home.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
@Foil: Just like I told Techpro, wait for me to update the level, the current version on DMDB has problems.

Understood, and thanks!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 08:50:39 PM »
I should have it up tomorrow evening if nothing goes wrong.  I'll post here once it's up.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »
Well... D2X-XL has started crashing randomly (when I shoot, get a powerup, etc) so I can't test it...
I'll download the latest version, but I think the problem has more to do with a bug I tried to test recently which used to have a side effect of making the game extremely unstable for a while.  Apparently it still does...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:01:04 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »
Alright, I was able to use the Subspace cheat to make sure that reactor destruction doesn't crash the mission anymore... that's the best I can do right now.
I haven't been able to get far enough into the level to check whether everything else is working, but I don't think there should be any other problems.  I also haven't been able to test any of the secret rooms I added :(.  I suppose you'll see them in game before I do :P.
I removed the mod because it was causing problems with some powerup objects.  I also changed the music to my new song for TEW level 2: Timewinder.

I'm updating the mission on the DMDB right now.

Arrgh, DMDB is having problems updating the mission pack.  I think I've found the problem though.  Hopefully this works.

EDIT: It worked.  Mission updated.  Hopefully you won't have any problems with it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:20:35 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
Crap, do not download this version.  I just found out that most of the triggers are not working.  I may have found a workaround for the random crashing.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »
Alright, I found the problem in the level that was causing the random crashes... it was the equipment makers.  I just took them out, since they don't add that much to the level to be honest, they just feel like gimmicks.  I can also confirm that everything else actually works now (and the hostage cell looks great).

I'm updating to the working 0.8 version now.

Update successful, here's the link: http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=364

Barring anything horrible, next update will probably have the other two levels.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:03:48 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »
I had seen that crash once, too, and I will check what's going on there. I have a mission with equipment makers, so they really should work.

Edit:

I cannot reproduce the problem anymore, but I have nevertheless uploaded a new D2X-XL version that is more robust in regard of faulty materialization centers.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:18:53 AM by karx11erx »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 06:17:12 AM »
Thanks.

I looked at the version history and that's exactly the problem I was having (the equip maker started spawning laser shots, which crashed the game).

BTW - there's one trick (puzzle, trap?) in this level that you can definitely expect me to pull again.  The door to the hostage cell is behind a locked secret door in the reactor area... if you come to it and it's still locked then it's too late to unlock it (you need to hit a trigger earlier in the level).  This is something I like to do with a lot of valuable secrets (to increase replay value I guess).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:35:27 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
I'm working on the level that will be first in the mission, and I have it more than half done.  The level will be called 7-UP (you'll see why).  It follows the TEW/Vignettes concept: small and following a theme.

Right now it feels a bit too easy, even for a starting level, so I'm going to probably change some robots once the structure is done (and maybe I'll add some Smelter IIs).

I think it'll have the TEW level 13 music, because that song fits a bubbly drink about as well as it fits diving into a volcano.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:49:04 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
Haven't got the time to download this, but it seems i'm finally able to do it.  :)

Will check out this mission as it looks really promising!  :D
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:55 AM »
@Pumo

Don't download just yet... Alter-Fox is working out some details/issues and has promised (in another thread) in announce when those items have been worked out.

I'm waiting for it too.  :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets