Poll

If you could visit a place from the Descent World, what place would you visit?

Vahala Tower
Shiva Station
The Red Acropolis
The C.E.D. Expediter
Piccu Station
Soule City
Novak Prison
Other... tell us what!
No way!
Robot Factory
CED Orbital Network Transmitter
PTMC Storage Facility on Titan

Author Topic: What places in Descent would you like to visit?  (Read 21683 times)

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
Re: What places in Descent would you like to visit?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 09:57:34 AM »
Hey, if your going to type it, type it like this:

it

Very funny.  :P
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 03:44:13 AM »
Hi all

Hey, where is Quartzon System from D2?? You know its exotic, have good underground pools... Also, how about Tycho Brahe? :D

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 08:46:35 AM »
If I was going somewhere in D2, I'd go to limefrost spiral.  It can't be much colder than Winnipeg, and the mines there were the coolest in D2 imo (pun indented).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:50:15 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 09:27:31 AM »
I never figured out why it was, but I was always liked Limefrost Spiral too. Levels were nice, the new robots were cool, textures were cool, and the video introducing the new system is a personal favorite. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
Personally I'd love to walk the Quartzon surface. And maybe go into mine 3 of Zeta Aquilae. That one has always been awesome due to the usage of ice-blue textures.

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
Well you know what, the blue and pale-green tones are known to have relaxing effects on people... Quartzon, Limefrost, Puuma Sphere and "Omega" systems, and last 2 levels of Zeta Aquilae had those tones, as I remember?

Also adding to InsanityBringer, D2 Level 3 "Wenl Mine" is one of my favorites, for a level... I especially loved its -original- soundtrack. And I can't forget the Level 14 "Arcticon Corridor".

But, when it comes to D2 Level 7 "Coralbank Quarry", I loved its depth, and usage of water. You know, it even had some natural "waterslides!" :D

In short, I somehow like the D2 levels in all 3 games, I suspect that it is due to the fact that I played D2 after them... And a few years late, I had it in 2005! Lol

Crash

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 05:23:12 AM »
I voted for Seoul City because once you got past the trains, it was an awesome level. There was even a secret room that was like a spa or something. Very chilled-out.

Red Acropolis would be great too but I imagine it's a pile of rubble after Mission 5.
The CED Orbital Transmitter is a no-no especially if they're still playing that damn music!

Hell, if it weren't essay time I'd install D3 and have a bit of a poke around, maybe set the difficulty a bit higher.
Sadly Easy is too easy and Medium is a little frustrating at times.
I remember playing D1 when I was about 8 and it was mind-blowing but I prefer D3 now for its added depth.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:26:31 AM by Crash »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 06:54:30 AM »
All three Descent games have a special place in my heart, but I am particularly fond of D1. It has never lost it's charm for me. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline CH-POIN!

• Silver
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
Planet Quartzon.
I like water places  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets