Author Topic: A level request!  (Read 6334 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
A level request!
« on: September 17, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
Something new? Maybe. In the wrong place? Maybe, but I'll say "can you please develope a new level? ;)

Here is the request:

Actually, it is more of an addition to Descent 3 Level 14.

Spawn starts you out inside of a dropship which has an armory which gives you all of the weapons in the game since basically, you probably would have had all of these weapons if you flew through the game. Outside has unlimited flight ceiling.
You need to battle hood fighters and a multitude of other robots and turrets on the station. Getting in requires the destruction of all turrets. Then the forcefield drops over the dock where you usually start in and you can get in there. Then the next room should be an airlock like in MN0019.

I'd host this on my servers everyday!

If nobody makes it, that's fine too. :)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: A level request!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »
You don't have an unlimited flight ceiling in D3. Sorry!

By strange coincidence, I am working on a level that is identical to what you describe.  Except the is no drop-ship.  Or armory, either. Also there isn't any need to battle hood fighter, and I wouldn't exactly say there are a multitude of robots and turrets, since there aren't any. Oh, and no force-field, either.  I wouldn't really call it a dock, either, and the airlock is more like a trap-door in a room that isn't quite the next one.

So, what do you think?  ;)
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »
There is some multiplayer level called Void that looked like space because it was completely black.

The station could be stuffed in someplace similar, but with stars to make it look half decent.

And your level does not sound identical.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
And your level does not sound identical.
Yeah, but the gameplay concept is very similar.  ;)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 04:06:21 PM »
I'm infering that there arn't any bots in his level at all. That's like 80% of the game.

And the idea behind my idea is to make it more exciting and to reflect what it was like in the book....cept with no backup here.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »
Yeah, but other than that you have to admit it's spot on. ;)
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
Even if it's multiplayer you should put bots and matcens in (and then make it robo-anarchy compatible).

When I was reading that part of Descent: Equinox, for some reason I was picturing the red hallway in Turnabout Bore (the one that connects the room with the plasma cannon and the room before the red key).

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 07:19:50 AM »
You can't have an "unlimited flight ceiling" but you can use a large, square room with a sky texture (and whatever other trickery Hunter uses... He's damn good at that!).

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
If you send the level to me after it's done I can add Mercenary robots.

They could be the equivalent of the Vertigo robots that were there in the book.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 09:39:31 AM »
You're not the first to have this idea, #0, some similar ideas were planned for the Project Pavilion* mod for more than one level, but as anyone who knows or knew of that project knows that it never even got off the ground, sadly. :-\

*should link to a .pdf file you can open and read
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 10:56:43 AM »
I don't think there's a technical restriction in D3 that would not allow to build such a level. The only restraint I can see is time. :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets