Author Topic: Pumo Mines 3 Level Demo Released!  (Read 11205 times)

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
Re: Pumo Mines 3 Level Demo Released!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »
Pumo, honestly... that's like Descent 3 quality. I would love to play it, but I need to find the patience to fiddle with D2X-XL to get it working properly. It looks wonderful, and as soon as I get D2X-XL working, Pumo mines will be the first thing I download! :D

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 05:36:07 PM »
Hey! Good news! All of the sudden, XL is not crashing upon start up! So I can now finally play your Descent 3 levels, I mean Descent 2. :P
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 05:57:01 PM »
I had FUN playing Descent 3, I mean, well, you know. ;)

Definately looks and feels like D3. Everything was great except the sound. There was not a single SFX or music. I'll look into it more later and try to find out what was wrong.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 07:08:07 PM »
I had FUN playing Descent 3, I mean, well, you know. ;)

Definately looks and feels like D3. Everything was great except the sound. There was not a single SFX or music. I'll look into it more later and try to find out what was wrong.

You need this for the SFX:
http://www.descent2.de/downloads/sound/hires-sounds.7z

BTW, what soundcard do you have?
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 09:42:44 PM »
There's also another factor. If you're using win7/vista, this line must be enabled on d2x.ini:

-midifix 1

(just in case, before enabling it, go into sound & effects config in-game and put music and sound at maximum level, then exit and enable that line. Run the game again and see what happens)
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 08:39:12 AM »
I don't appear to have a d2x.ini file. I've only got a "d2x-default" file, and that doesn't have "-midifix" in it. I did, however, notice that when the Music was turned all the way up, the program crashed almost instantly after starting a level.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
I have heard of the ini file thousands of times, but I have never ever been able to find it.

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 11:39:04 PM »
it's placed on the 'config' subfolder.

Oh yeah, and on a first install you'll find a 'd2x-default.ini' file. that one shouldn't be touched, instead copy that one to a new file named simply 'd2x.ini' and make your changes there. The default one will be used when there is not d2x.ini file, but it's best to leave it as it is (in case the custom d2x.ini you made got screwed up)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
Hey that works! But now there is a new problem. It crashes as soon as the first object, bot or crate, is destroyed. No exceptions. I was not having the problem before I made the ini changes.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:40:32 AM by NUMBERZero »

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
Mmh, well, the only thing i can think of now is try to test with the default profile that comes with D2X-XL or create a new player profile, and also if possible send me your d2x.ini file contents through PM and i will try to help you out. :)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »
It is fine now. All I had to do was plug in the Probability Drive to calculate the probability of D2X-XL working again. It was 42 out of 42 google :P

BUT! There is a problem with the second level. First off, it took 5 minutes to load all of the light maps while the first only took 10 seconds. Second, when I saved the game and tried reloading it today, it said that the level Kartsal is unable to be loaded.

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
The lightmap duration is natural the first time you run a level, and as levels 2 and 3 are really big that duration is pretty normal.

Now about the savegame issue, it may be related to a recent bug on savegame handling. Be sure to use latest version of D2X-XL as this bug is supposed to be fixed now.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets