Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117124 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
No animals to kill/harm/harass me while I'm building?  Ooooooooh....

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »
Wait, somebody just said that they were activated again and my gunner was shooting at someone. Everyone was disappointed. BUT! I was not attacked while I was AFK for a while. Maybe he toned down the aggressiveness.

At the beginning of the round, we think he tonned down the size of the animals and since size is proportionate to damage, they no longer 1 hit you, but rather 2 hits. BUT SINCE THEY ARE SMALL THEY ARE FRACKING FAST!

But they are less aggressive.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »
Short story time! And yes, once again, I am bumping this topic. :P

As you all probably know, our known galaxy is about to be wipped out of existance.

I have discovered the reason why.

Upon creation of the PTMC's new S-6 Galaxy Viewer AWACS "ThunderHead" and its first maiden voyage, its sensors detected what appeares to be a machine of ancient design 100 miles across spinning around a super wormhole. PTMC science robots studied the machine and determined that it has just activated recently and has created a new connection to another galaxy. Scout drones were sent through the wormhole.

Upon exit, the drones were engulfed within a purple and pink nebula reminant of an exploded star. The drones dispersed and flew off in different directions.

Suddenly, a red glow appeared of in the distance. Not a moment later, a drone was instantly vaporized. The other drones quickly flew towards the recorded area of the glow. Once at the rondevouz point, the red glow occured again, but this time the drones boosted away from the center of their tight formation. A red laser streaked by.

The little robots alligned themselves with the source of the laser and bumrushed after it. Layers of nebula rolled back to reveal a ship of massive proportions along with hundreds of others of the same kind and thousands of smller capital ships. The exact size of the juggernaught ships could not be determined due to the nebula.

The drones needed to get close in order to scan the ship through the interference. The space around them filled red laser fire as they darted towards the bug ship. One by one, this flight of 19 drones started to get picked off.They needed to head home with their collected data before they were all gone. Just before leaving, one of the drones blew past the bridge of the juggernaught and caught a glimpse of who was inside.

Only 7 drones pulled out of range of the ships and headed towards the energy signature of the super wormhole, but one cruiser gave chase. Its laser fired and fried half of a drone, sending it thrusting into its buddy.

5 drones remaining.

The drones were already going as fast as their tiny engines could propell them and the cruiser was catching up. It fired again.

4 drones remaining.

One drone got nicked in the engine nozle by a piece of flying metal and it quickly fell behind. It became a bug on the windshield of death.

3 drones.

They are about to reach the wormhole in 10 seconds!

All but one of the drones' wormhole drives and the cruiser's wormhole drives powered up. The third drone had a burnt out drive and decided to heroically smash itself into the cruiser. It didn't last long.

2 drones!

Bam! And they are through!!!

Both of the remaining drones split off at ninedy degree angles and transmitted one message to the waiting PTMC ships.

"FIRE!"

The cruiser showes up and was already guns-a-blazing at the nearest Argus cruiser. It went down in seconds. 10 Fafnirs, 59 Argus Cruisers and 4, 5km long Typhoon capital ships opened fire. The enemy cruiser took a pounding and dished out something unlike anything this galaxy has ever seen. 19 more cruisers, 5 Fafnirs, and 1 Typhoon goes down before the bastardly cruiser is finally destroyed....All within 4 minutes of exiting of the wormhole.

30 minutes later after going over all of the data that was uploaded from the original 20 drones into the remaining two, we have discovered the identity of the foe. The flyby of the bridge of one of the drones held the answer.

There standing at the front of his bridge...

was none other...

than...

TARGOSS

There is no way to stop him. Not after witnessing what just one cruiser can do.

Christmas is about to get a lot redder ladies(?) and gentlemen. There is no escape.

[Final hours during the Targoss assault]
This is it! It's over! The Targossians have overrun the defending forces at the jump node! Not even the PTMC's powerful super weapon, codenamed Chandelier, can stop the onslaught!

We're abandoning all posts and making a run for it. Activate temporal field generators...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:48:45 AM by Omega »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
Darc, BY THE WAY, remember when you signed up? You told me that you were waiting for a confirmation email. You don't get a confirmation email. Just sign in with the account name and password that you chose and you can jack in.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
hey there, how's it going? Sorry if this was answered. I was going through some of what you guys have been typing out here.

Is this game sort of like the Star Wars Rebellion? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebellion

meaning, you have to build ships, etc, transport stuff, this and that, and I think fight later?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #335 on: January 11, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »
Eh... Not really. It's an empire building/conquest game.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #336 on: January 11, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
What other games is it like? ages of empire? assuming I even remember that game, building and fighting.
am I way off?

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
It's really not like anything else out there.

It's first-person, and you're often fighting... but you're building/defending your empire, too.

You not only acquire and build ships and space stations... you design them, from the inside out!

You play an individual character... but it's online, in a galaxy populated with many others as well.

Definitely worth playing, especially now that they recently restarted the universe.  Wish I had more time.  :|

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
It's first person Spore on steroids combined with a bit of SimCity.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #339 on: January 11, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
Sounds like a very interesting game.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #340 on: January 11, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
I'd play it more (I tried it) but the interface is too buggy on my PC (I think it's just my computer though, I watch the youtube videos and none of them seem to have the same problems).

You just reminded me I want to get back to Kingdom of Loathing (Lord Vaclav).

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #341 on: January 11, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
Did someone say YouTube?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #342 on: January 11, 2011, 07:13:10 PM »
The only way you can really understand what it is is to try it yourself, honestly. And really, what reason is there not to? It's free, downloads in minutes, and you can sign up and get into a premade (PTMC?) empire in seconds.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #343 on: January 11, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »
I forgot to mention I would also compare it to Spore.  It looks to be pretty fun, but again my computer doesn't like it so I can't measure that objectively.  I would definitely play it if I could though, and come to think of it I know someone else who would probably like it.
Personally I like going first-person through the eyes (nose, ears?) of another creature, that's always fun.  It's why I didn't just join PTMC.  I'd love it if virtual reality could include all the senses though, rather than just the main two (though technically there are more than 5 senses, even though the 5 senses we normally think of are actually 4 -- taste and smell are scientifically the same sense.  Seriously we don't even know how many senses we have... I think we'll need to find that out first :P).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:23:46 PM by wazzazzle »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets