Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 116124 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
"Shores of Hazeron"
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
New game called "Shores of Hazeron", being developed by my company.  The universe is getting a reboot today!  ;D

[Rather than reposting what I've already said, I'll just give you guys the link to the thread over at DBB.net.   8)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
OOOhhh! That looks cool!

I've got a question about combat. I read that you had very little experience, but would space combat be like FreeSpace or like Descent? Just wondering incase that you may have heard something.

Oh, and has anyone made the PTMC empire yet? ;)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:56:59 AM »
Depends on what you're flying, from what little I've seen. 

If you and another player are in space-fighters, it would be a bit free-spacey (e.g. joystick control, fly-bys with lasers, etc.).

Generally speaking, assuming you've developed the technology, you want to be at the helm of a big starship, commanding your manned turrets and ship weapons to target the opponent, etc.  8)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 09:11:21 AM »
I'll take the Expediator, 2 squadrons of Starhawks, and my personal Hellbender. B)

Thanks, Foil!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 12:43:33 PM »
Thanks foil, will take a look later.

Will it always be free, or just for testing?

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
Last I heard, they're considering plans to *eventually* start charging for it, but that's at LEAST a year from now.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Last I heard, they're considering plans to *eventually* start charging for it, but that's at LEAST a year from now.
Is there some special process for registering right now? I tried to register but it said:

New Accounts Disabled

We are not accepting new Shores of Hazeron accounts at this time.

Shores of Hazeron is currently undergoing vigorous alpha development and testing. Please contact us if you would like to be an unpaid, though highly appreciated, guinea pig in this effort.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
They're doing a universe reset (essentially a huge database wipe) at the moment.

It'll be done by this evening, and you can register an account at that point.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »
They're doing a universe reset (essentially a huge database wipe) at the moment.

It'll be done by this evening, and you can register an account at that point.
Ah, ok, thanks :)

Are you directly involved in this or what do you do at that company?

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
From the DBB thread:

... the company I work for (Software Engineering, Inc., we primarily develop specialty CAD applications) ...

... [Before anyone asks, I'm not directly involved. However, I definitely get to see some of the code and hear the chatter about features, etc.]

8)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
Oh, and has anyone made the PTMC empire yet? ;)
They have now :)

Anyone here is more than welcome to join, I'll put in a high rank :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:28:17 PM by Matthew »

Offline Fennecfox

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »
So with this Universal Reset, we can't guarantee that our progress will be saved, and our accounts could be deleted or wiped clean?

I'm trying it out now =D

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »
So with this Universal Reset, we can't guarantee that our progress will be saved, and our accounts could be deleted or wiped clean?

I'm trying it out now =D
Join the Post Terran Mining Corporation! NAO!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »
I couldn't find the PTMC. All I found was The Wookies  :o

Now if it isn't there anymore, I'm serious about starting the PTMC empire, and since PD is my favorite out of the other communities, you guys get to help me start this empire!  :D

Now I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions. And I want them answered imediately.
Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

JK. Kindergarden Cop referance  ;)

But the real questions are:

1. Name: What should it be? PTMC, or the full Post Terran Mining Corporation.

2. Government type: Anarchy, Democracy, Dictatorship, Military, Monarchy, Organized Crime, Republic, Theocracy

I would say Democracy. Remember, that not all of the PTMC was corrupt. It was just Dravis who took over.

3. Immigration policy: Open, Request, Invitation.

From here on out, the rest are open questions.

4. Empire Administrator's title: Default is Harlequin. I'd vote President since Suzuki was the "president" of the PTMC.

5. Title of heir to empire: Default is Clown Prince. This one's up in the air.

6. Sector Administrator's title : Default is Trickster. I reccommend Crisis Contingency and Public Relations Manager since that was Dravis's job title.

7. Solar System Administrator's title: Default is Huckster. This one's up in the air.

8. World Administrator's title: Default is wierdly named Jester. This one is up in the air too!

9. (last one) City Administrator's Title: Default is Town Clown. I'm thinking of Senior Mining Chief if we stick to the book and make towns to me mines. Other than that, this one is up in the air as well.

Here's a little thing tacked on under the questions:
Any position is granted to anyone who requests it, including Empire Administrator's title. Some time passes before a position can be requested by someone else.

And hey! Would you look at that! I can select any picture I want as our flag! Our flag would of course be PTMC (as seen in the attached picture)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 08:13:54 PM »

This is, as far as I know, the only universe reset there has been.  There might be one when the game "goes live", but that shouldn't be for at least a year or so.

In the meantime, enjoy!  :D

P.S. I figured someone would create a "PTMC" empire.  Very cool!  I may join up to help at some point this weekend.  [Note: The default position titles you were listing are the ones for Anarchy.  If you had picked Monarchy, the defaults would be "King"/"Queen"/etc.]

P.P.S. It's a steep learning curve, I know (I helped do some earlier testing last year)... I'm sure you guys are likely struggling to get a capital city started; be patient, it takes some work, especially when having to learn the interface as well.  At some point, the PTMC empire will have ships and such available, and then the real fun begins... 8) ]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:17:08 PM by Foil »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets