Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 116995 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 04:21:40 AM »
PTMC is a corporation, not a government.  So democracy would not apply.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 06:12:37 AM »
It's not called TPMC, you have to type "Post Terran Mining Corporation" since it doesn't have a capital yet.

I chose military because I figured that was the closest to how a corporation operates.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »
No, it wouldn't be called TPMC, Matt. :P PTMC sounds much better. ;)

EDIT: Not really into MMOs, so I don't think I'll join, but it still looks cool none the less. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:55:21 AM by Scyphi »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
I'm confused. Is there a PTMC empire yet? And who is creating it? Me or you?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »
Matthew has already created the empire, I've joined (with a character on a different planet), and I have to give Matt some props: For a first-timer, he's picked up the building process VERY quickly (he's reading the manuals and asking questions, the best way to do it), and has a good-sized city already started.

With some work, I think this empire can have space technology (fighters, at the very least) within a week or so.  :D

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »
I can't find it. When I click join existing empire and I open that drop down menu, I don't see it.

Am I missing something? I just downloaded the Windows 32 thingy and that's all I grabbed.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:47:11 PM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 06:01:52 PM »
I can't find it. When I click join existing empire and I open that drop down menu, I don't see it.

Am I missing something? I just downloaded the Windows 32 thingy and that's all I grabbed.
You have to type it in.

A week or so foil? Or you're a funny guy. Try within a few days.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
I still don't see it. I typed in PTMC and got ziltch. Should I uninstall and reinstall?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
I still don't see it. I typed in PTMC and got ziltch. Should I uninstall and reinstall?
I didn't name dit PTMC, I named it "Post Terran Mining Corporation".

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 07:24:30 PM »
I typed that in too.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »
I created "Empire O' Phules"... (you might recognize the spelling of the last word if you've read a certan novel by Robert Aspirin).

It's a democracy, but most of the levels of government have a name that is synonymous with "traitor".

The empire race looks really silly too.

I haven't played much (I was at Klixovann's 20th birthday party today), but what I have seen looks awesome (despite the graphics, but I honestly don't care much about graphics quality anyway - unless the game is called D2X-XL).

BTW - I also signed up for Kingdom of Loathing today... Hilarious free online MMO.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:49:16 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 12:57:47 AM »
Story time!

Ok, so it turned out that in order for me to type in Post Terran Mining Corporation and find it is if it had a capital, which it didn't. SO! I started in some alien empire and for some reason, I was a part of the PTMC. I also then discovered that I looked like the alien! Matt had actually made the PTMC look exactly like humans (props to him, definately) so that was the big mess up.

An admin came to my rescue in his star cruiser and took me to Terra (a.k.a. Earth, the HQ of the PTMC). The admin dropped me off at the moon where Matt had already established a moon base. Matt was there waiting with a rocketship. He flew me to earth where I ventured on my own. I grabbed a screenshot of the wierdest animals (seen below). Then as I was saving it in Photoshop, I got eaten by a something someting. Then I ventured out to grab me some GUNZZZ!  I headed towards the spaceport when I was attacked by wild animals AGAIN!!!! I ran and hid in a rocket ship pressing all of the buttons on my joystick trying to start the thing until someone gave me a piece of advice to press the repair key. I just sat on the pad with the monster attacking the ship. And would you believe it? Good old Matt came along and scared it off! The day was saved! But the moment he left, I was attacked by an excruciatingly slow moving herbavore thing I couldn't figure out how to use the gun yet, so I punched its lights out.

I wanted to try the rocketship, so I went into options and tried configuring my joystick. I got in a rocketship, took off, and realized that I had no rudder control! Throttle was backwards too, so I ended up flipping around the earth twice before I nearly came crashing down back in the city! "I have good news!" I said. "I took off in a rocketship, flipped around the earth twice, and landed safely in the city, all without rudder control!"

I wanted to try that out some more. After running around the city a bit and fixing the controls, I got back into a ship and took off for the moon. It took a while to land. It was hard with the low gravity and no atmosphere. I made it back home with 1 gallon out of 20 gallons of fuel left! I was at least getting better.

Another animal attack in the city. I brought out my shot gun and started unloading into some giant carnivore. I finally killed the thing, but right behind him was a giant herbavore. Shotgun is really sucky and does almost no damage at close rage, so the big oaf came and steamrolled me. RESPAWN! I went after it with my rifle and got my revenge!

Next on the list was finding oil for Matt. I had been practicing in the rocketship and I have perfected it. I went out looking for oil and found a good spot, but little did I know, it wasn't so good. I jumped out of my ship and got attacked by monsters. RESPAWN! Grabbed another ship and headed do another random site. This time I was a little more cautious. I looked around with the top-down view looking for monsters. I found a giant one, jumped out, and shot it. I was just getting ready to start a new city when I got attacked. And then that repeated for a while. I finally got things started, but the sun went down. I had just finished working on a mine and I turned around to go start working on a road. But out of the bushes came a silent hunter. It was just scooting towards me in the dark. I really was frightened! I quickly shot and killed the thing and ran inside my ship to wait till morning! But, morning was taking too long to get here, so I went out again, just to be attacked, again. I fended off the attackers and Foil said to press a few buttons to respawn at me new city (I believe that there was a missunderstanding on my part. I thought I was setting the spawn on the new city). I ended up being teleported back to my old city with no way of finding the new one.

Oh well, I'll try to look tomorrow and see if I can find it by looking. It has no indicators and is only about 5 squares big. Veeeeeeeeery tiny on the huge world that we are on. ;)

I had an unGodly amount of fun!

Oh yeah! The PTMC is definately not very advanced yet, but someone hijacked one of the big cruisers that the admin transported me in! HAHA!!! It's got some FIREPOWER! Too bad we can't steal the technology.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:07:37 AM by NUMBERZero »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »
Who hijacked the cruiser? Are you sure the factory didn't build it?

Nice story though, "The ups and downs of being a strange alien on an even stranger planet" :P

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 01:53:48 PM »
It was FD (a.k.a. Rooster)

ANOTHER STORY!

Today, that same cruiser blew up in orbit around Terra V due to blunt damage....by me! Where was I? Showing Snoopy around on the ground on Terra IV.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Matt created a gunship for me, but it does something a little extra becides shooting the attacking animals. It has a special "security system." If anyone comes close to it, it crashes the server! XD

Thanks for the effort, BTW. I'd be glad to help out, but I've been stuck on my rock all day. :P

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets