Author Topic: Descent 3 movies (Dateiliste)  (Read 21055 times)

Crash

Re: Descent 3 movies (Dateiliste)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
That must be some good compression they're using there.  :D

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 06:35:18 AM »
I believe the 1 kb file size is because the movies don't contain anything.  The files just need to be there for the game to run (no idea why Outrage made it that way).  On "medium" install, the movies are read from the CD.  (I believe it works the same way in D2.)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 09:54:33 AM »
So delete them then copy any you are missing.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
My problem is I can't get them off the CD because my CD drive doesn't work.  (Even when it did, the installer would crash when I tried to do the full install).

Offline Jayman

• Silver
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »
My problem is I can't get them off the CD because my CD drive doesn't work.  (Even when it did, the installer would crash when I tried to do the full install).
I will try and if they work I will post them (as long as the are ok with it).

update: Thomas beat me to it
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:50:50 AM by Jayman »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 03:36:19 PM »
OG3 =/= D3.
I didn't say it was.  ;D

So is that a no on getting a working OG3 installer without the rest?

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
update: Thomas to it (http://www.dateiliste.com/component/content/article/442-special-directory.html/?dir=%2Finstaller%2F96.233.121.35_c1119ddc02a4a19e4530317477810470%2FD3%2F)

What made you think this will work, although on the page just before you reach that one it clearly says it won't?

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »
So is that a no on getting a working OG3 installer without the rest?
It takes you a maximum of 2 hours to download "the rest", including OG3, ready to be played, if you have DSL, maybe another 15 minutes to install it. You can have a coffee, some snack, or a beer in the meantime.

I'd take me 10 hours (or more) to create your OG3 stand-alone installer, without coffee, snack, or a beer.

So far, almost 200 others were happy with "the rest", including OG3.

You're right, that's a "No". ;)

But you're the one who can install Descent 3 in less than 2 days full-time and never had any problems. ;)

I can assure you, you are really funny. ;)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
I don't considering downloading and installing 3gb of extras to be part of installing D3. I also already have a nearly 5-gb D3 folder, why would I want to use your installer and end up with less in the end? Nobody even plays OG3 anyway so it would be a waste to install the entire game again just to use one mod that nobody plays anyway that requires other players to play with.

Am I doing something wrong when installing OG3 or does it just not work period? And how did you get it to work in your installer when the one it comes with doesn't?

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »
I don't considering downloading and installing 3gb of extras to be part of installing D3. I also already have a nearly 5-gb D3 folder, why would I want to use your installer and end up with less in the end? Nobody even plays OG3 anyway so it would be a waste to install the entire game again just to use one mod that nobody plays anyway that requires other players to play with.

Am I doing something wrong when installing OG3 or does it just not work period? And how did you get it to work in your installer when the one it comes with doesn't?

You are really so funny... ;)
I got to stop this here. Sorry.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 07:57:24 PM »

You are really so funny... ;)
I got to stop this here. Sorry.

Please don't troll. It was funny the first time, slightly humorous the second time, now it's just getting old.

Offline Jayman

• Silver
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 02:29:43 AM »
What made you think this will work, although on the page just before you reach that one it clearly says it won't?

yesterday when I posted it was fine

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 02:47:39 AM »

yesterday when I posted it was fine
It worked for you.

It's what's called a session URI (or URL). It also disappears after some time.

Crash

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 03:11:04 AM »
I'm not sure what OG3 is to be honest but this installer is pretty good.
It certainly opened my eyes to all the mods out there. I can understand why people would want to use the discs at the same time.
I understand that not everyone believes in things that they haven't done/installed themselves but this package Thomas has released works great for me.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 05:46:28 AM »
Olympia Gold is a racing mod for D3. And tyhe reason nobody ever plays it, is it never worked 100%.

Seems like a fun concept though, if Tomas got it working maybe someone will host it, once word gets out some more and people get it installed.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets