Author Topic: SMF2 test site up and running...  (Read 3226 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
SMF2 test site up and running...
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:33:56 PM »
Check it out at http://www.test.planetdescent.net/index.php.

The upgrade of the test site went pretty well... the only real hitch is that the themes had their own url set in the database, and I had not changed them before running the upgrade. So when the upgrade script attempted to convert the themes to SMF2, it tried to change the themes, here instead of the ones on the test forum, and they got broken. Of course, that won't be an issue when upgrading here, so I would say the test was a big success. The three big mods here, Tiny Portal, Ultimate Profile, and Avea Media Gallery(which is the replacement for the Gallery here) also installed without a hitch, all of the media files, files in the files section, profiles including uploaded pics and comments, etc. all transitioned without any additional effort on my part.

There are two themes currently in the theme switcher. Take a look and tell me what you think! All the boards over there have been set to 'read only', except one which I added so you can test posting, if you want.

Just keep in mind, it's a testing only forum, you can leave feedback over there if you want, but once this site is converted to SMF2, I may delete the test site.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
Re: SMF2 test site up and running...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »
Are SMF2 skin designers a little too concerned about cuts and scratches? because appearantly if a skin isn't curved and rounded it sucks...

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »
No, there are plenty of SMF skins that are not rounded. And it would be easy enough to un-round the two that are on the test site. But the rounded corners do look nice. The first skin that SMF made to go with SMF was called Curve, had those rounded corners, and the theme designers started with that. So, yes there are a lot of themes that are little more than re-colored copies of Curve.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Crash

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:06:06 AM »
It looks good! But I like the Planet Descent Logo better the way it is in the old version.
The way the T on Planet and N on Descent line up is really stylish.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:22:41 AM »
I like the default skin, it reminds me greatly of PD.com.  :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets