Author Topic: IceWorld by Ron Lester  (Read 12819 times)

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
Re: IceWorld by Ron Lester
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »
Thanks for the copy, Akula. I've uploaded the level (...), but I'd suggest not to download it. ;)

Because the file name is identical to Ron's original version, it would overwrite it, and the Readme.txt file has never been a good idea either.

I guess we should get that version in a usable state first so that it doesn't interfere or overwrite anything.

EDIT: I removed the link because I forgot that people usually NEVER read the text, but download everything they find! :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 11:42:16 AM by Thomas »

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »
I guess we should get that version in a usable state first so that it doesn't interfere or overwrite anything.

Done.

http://www.dateiliste.com/d3files/missions/iceworldshiva.zip

You can safely download and play this version. It won't overwrite the original version.
In the game list it shows up as "IceWorld (Shiva's version)". ;)

Can someone upload it to PD.net too?

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »
Done.

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 03:18:28 PM »
There's more confusion going on. :)

Shiva's version is not based on 1.0 but rather on 1.1.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
You know, it would help if the post about that file had said 1.1 (instead of 1.0).  I should also mention that I was disappointed that the included Readme.txt file is the same Readme.txt file that is provided by Ron Lester with the original IceWorld 1.0 (the 1.1 Readme.txt is different).

If someone is going to modify a freely available item, it's good to give credit where credit is due, but it needs to be accurate and it should also detail what changes/modifications have been done since the original, and who made the changes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:58:09 PM by TechPro »

Offline Thomas

• Gold
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
Of course you're right.

I opened the zip file, extracted the files from the mn3, renamed what should have been named correctly in my opinion, tested, then put everything together again after adding a download link. Probably one hour later the mission became what it is now. :)

This is how Shiva obviously assembled the level. I think the version conflict was started by Ron himself. Even 1.1 contains a text file that claims that the level's version is 1.0.

Offline Mzero

• Silver
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »
I never find any 1.1 text. Where I can find it?

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »
The Readme.txt files included in the 1.0 version and the 1.1 version both state "1.0" but the content of the file is different (read them, you can see the difference especially with who he gives credit to).  Other than that, the Readme.txt files appear to be almost identical.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets