Author Topic: An old PD avatar has (been) reborn'd!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
An old PD avatar has (been) reborn'd!
« on: April 25, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »
the Zentraedi (Glaug) Officers' Battlepod is now my avatar.
Most Battletech and Mechwarrior fans know that the Officer's Pod from Macross Robotech became the 75 tons Marauder heavy battlemech.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: An old PD avatar has (been) reborn'd!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:22:37 PM »
Aww man! I love MechWarrior! One of my favorites of all time! I know everything!..........It became the Marauder?  ??? :P

Gahh! Play it all the time, but I have HUGE gaps inbetween the games. I've only played MW2 Mercs, and the MW4s. :D
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Re: An old PD avatar has (been) reborn'd!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:29 PM »
Dare I again explain the lawsuit that happen in 1996. :P
J/K

(the Marauder's virtual debut was in the very first Mechwarrior PC game, Mechwarrior 1 from 1989)

Macross began in 1982 in Japan (after Gundam from 1979 as the first mech franchise in the world (mostly japan) as an Anime tv series.  Due to minimum requirements within television syndication within the USA, Harmony Gold americanized, revised, and rewrote Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada into one storyline (Robotech) (think of it as 3 anime series in a blender :P ).  Like the classic anime series G-Force/Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets, Robotech contains deaths and destruction (which makes a classic anime great)

As for 'Battletech' (the Tabletop-wargame), it started in 1984 in the USA as Battledroids.  FASA got sued by George Lucas for using the term 'Droid'  and thus it got renamed to 'Battletech'

(And yes FASA used the designs originated from Macross, Crusher Joe, and Dougram)
(should I dare to post a list of mech orginated from these 3 anime series?...Just Kidding)
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets