Author Topic: Descent and Freespace, 30% off at GOG.com!  (Read 3492 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Descent and Freespace, 30% off at GOG.com!
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
No excuses now! ;) GOG is offering downloads of Descent 1 & 2, Descent 3 plus Mercenary, Freespace plus Expansion, and Freespace 2 for just $4.19 each.

Quote from: GOG.com
Gear up for a ride to the stars as this weekend we're discounting some of the best science-fiction simulators in the history of PC gaming. Until Monday, April 26 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, we're giving you a 30% discount on: Freespace + Expansion, Freespace 2, Descent 1 + 2 and Descent 3 + Expansion - so that's only $4.19 for each! Now there's no excuse not to own those classics!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: Descent and Freespace, 30% off at GOG.com!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »
Is it sad that Direct2Drive has Supreme Commander Gold for less than the entire descent collection?

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
Maybe so. But still, for the price of a greasy paper-thin cheeseburger, cold fries, and a flat soda from a fast food restaurant, you can have any one of the finest games in history. For less than half the price of a horrendous third-party shovelware game cast upon unsuspecting casual gamers on the Wii, you can own the entire Freespace and Descent collection, giving yourself over a hundred hours of quality entertainment - and that's excluding any online play you might decide to do.  ;D

Also, for those looking for a deal, always keep your eyes on Steam's webstore. I spent a whole dollar each on Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Force, and Half-Life: Blueshift on an unadvertised sale. Half-Life alone usually sells for ten, and it's expansions five each. I also got Defense Grid: The Awakening for the ginormous, wallet-consuming price of three U.S. dollars. Ain't no value menu that can't not compete with none of that!

* D2Junkie scores an unprecedented quintuple-negative. Go D2Junkie, go.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 08:00:48 PM by D2Junkie »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 03:52:20 AM »
Oh it includes freespace as well? May just have to buy that... Ya know, legalize my installation and all :P

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets