Author Topic: Second Benchmark Flythrough Demo of Miner Wars  (Read 4163 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Second Benchmark Flythrough Demo of Miner Wars
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:26:39 AM »
From Keen Software House:

Keen Software House ltd. releases a new benchmarking demo for their game called Miner Wars. The demo is a non-interactive version of the game and features 4 different ingame animation sequences. This demo is mainly released to show a bit of the technology that we are using for the game and also to stress test the HW of the players interested in acquiring Miner Wars. The demo comes with an auto-updating utility and will be further upgraded to the single-player beta state in the coming weeks. Currently the game is in its alpha stage. All the graphics and sound present in the demo are subject to change. Miner Wars will require an internet connection to be played.

Benchmarking demo download: http://mirror1.minerwars.com/Downloads/MinerWarsSetup_01_000_009.exe

Benchmarking demo torrent download:
http://mirror1.minerwars.com/Downloads/MinerWarsSetup.torrent

Keen Software House is also releasing a new Teaser Trailer showing some of the game features and possible playstyles. The trailer was made by by capturing the gameplay and videos of our current alpha build. All the graphics and sounds are subject to change until the full release.

Teaser Trailer Download:
http://mirror1.minerwars.com/Videos/MinerWarsTeaserTrailer.wmv

The game is very steadily progressing towards its full release in 2010. Currently there are 14 members on the development team. Keen Software House would like to reach soon a number of 25 development team members.

Keen Software House is an international development team that has adopted the virtual studio development style. Our development team members come from USA, Europe and Austalia. All the work of the studio is being managed through our own tasking and scheduling system. Most of the team members are senior professionals that had no problem in adopting this workstyle.

Keen Software House is also looking for a possibility to engage in a serious cooperation with a renown publishing brand.

Tomas Psenicka
Managing Director
Keen Software House ltd.

I ran this demo this morning and it looks very good.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Darghan

• Silver
Re: Second Benchmark Flythrough Demo of Miner Wars
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:31:44 PM »
Hey guys!

some interesting piece of news I got for ya. The creative and technical board just decided today that were going to have descent type levels in our asteroids :) Thought you might want to know.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »
There goes the neighborhood when I enter one.

Booyah!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 01:37:19 PM »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »
The creative and technical board just decided today that were going to have descent type levels in our asteroids :)

They should be destroyable as well, correct? Just wondering.  ;)
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
I seem to remember over at the DBB that those kinds of places will be indistructable.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets