Author Topic: Anyone who is bad at D3 or wishes to help train noobs....  (Read 8905 times)

Offline Planet Orange [phx13]

• Silver
Re: Anyone who is bad at D3 or wishes to help train noobs....
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »
if we can get more noobs to play online, then i will get vortex fired up once again.  I admit, i quit doing MP because I was getting too frustrated with playing with people way out of my league lol.

I hear ya. I'm terrible but then again I do play on a laptop.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:35:25 AM by WillyP »
Go Suns!

"To God be the Glory".
-Greg Jennings
Super Bowl XLV

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 08:53:28 PM »
I've found that competing with others who are far superior to myself really helps me improve very quickly.

Case-and-point: I had a friend who was incredible at Guitar Hero back when it was actually cool. He played on expert mode all the time... and always challenged me at the expert level. I didn't even own a Guitar Hero game, and I'd never done more than play it on display when it first came out. After having my lunch handed to me on about 20-25 songs, I started actually making some progress. About 20 more songs, and I was competition. A few more, and there I was rockin' 85% scores on "Through the Fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce on expert in GH3. I was forced to think and react quickly, and had little other choice. I went from having trouble playing on medium difficulty to yawning my way through Rush's "YYZ" on Expert in what amounted to probably 8-12 hours of total gameplay. I'd like to volunteer that I've lost most of that skill since then.  :P

Similarly, when I got into D3 multiplayer, I remember starting out on an NUB vs. RIP fight night... and I got ripped to shreds. Three or four kills, 70-80 deaths. But after just playing a couple of hours a week online, I got to where I could get 20-30 kills, 50-60 deaths. That ratio gets smaller the more I play - and the harder my opponents are. Again, I've probably lost most of that skill since then.   ;)

Just stay at it. When you're overwhelmed, rise to the challenge and fight your way through it. There's nothing like getting that five-kill streak that you thought you'd never be able to do after just a few games.  ;D
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline homeyduh

• Silver
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »
hehehe, i know this is like waaaay late, but i need to train on D3 >.< lol im decent, but the years of playing only single player has prevented me from learning any skills whatsoever. NUMBERzero can attest to this due to the fact that he taught me how to trichord just like 3 months ago...ive had descent since the first one...FML lol so yea i need training lol
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 05:55:42 AM »
Hmm. If you don't know how I played back when I was new, you do not want to know. :)
Now... well, I've been working at breaking in my 360 controller and it's going pretty well.  I already can play at the level I had been playing as all keyboarder (perhaps even better at times), and I'm glad I can actually aim, a bit.
I just wish I didn't have to use Joy2Key for the right analog stick.

But I am beginning to ramble.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 11:15:51 AM »
I fly rarely with the 360 controller. I have to say that it sux, but I don't have to use any joy2key for any of my controls. D3 seems to accept any thing that I plug into it. It's the universal game.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
I just wish I didn't have to use Joy2Key for the right analog stick.

Why?

The last time I tried it, the 360 right stick works fine in D3.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets