Author Topic: Go Kart in the Snow  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Eagle131

• Silver
    • E. Ruoss
Go Kart in the Snow
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
Well  a few weeks ago my friend and I bought a used go kart.  And then that night it poured snow.  So go kart + snow = Go Kart in the Snow.  Enjoy.

It's one of those kits you can buy, someone bought it and put it all together a long time ago.  It's got a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine on it and it's back-left-wheel-drive lol.  It's still fun to mess with.  Upon posting this vid up onto facebook, one of my buddy's friends saw it and offered us a Manco Rattler LXT with an 8HP Tecumseh Enduro Power sport on it.  We had to drop 60 bucks on a new carburetor but we got it up and running last night.  That thing is much better than this is, and I hope to put some off roading videos of us up soon.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Go Kart in the Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:56:36 AM »
And here I thought you'd be plowing through a foot of snow in that thing before I watched it. :P 'Course, that's just me. When I think "snowfall", I think lots and lots of snow, because we're prone to that here where I live. :P

Regardless of the snow level, it still looked like fun. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Eagle131

• Silver
    • E. Ruoss
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »
Well a 3.5 HP engine with only one wheel to drive the thing, it probably wouldn't withstand an Idaho winter.  Your state was really cold in may when I crossed through it where in PA we're looking at 70 + degrees lol.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:53:19 AM »
You thought it was cold in May? Ha, that's funny! :P

Best not come up here now. ;)

Seriously, though, you're probably right, that little go-kart would probably roll over and die at the mere sight of an Idahoan winter. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
While Alabama did have a cold snap a week ago where temperatures were 14-16 F all day, I'm back to wearing t-shirts already. It's a brisk, chilling 55 out there right now.  :P
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
You guys are silly, Ive been wearing shorts and t-shirts all winter!  8)
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »
It has been really cold in Florida. A few weeks ago, on one day, it snowed, but mostly iced. All other days before that there was ice on our car.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline S13driftAZ

• Silver
  • I suck at descent
    • DescentBB Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:22:25 PM »
You guys are silly, Ive been wearing shorts and t-shirts all winter!  8)
High five son!

Offline Eagle131

• Silver
    • E. Ruoss
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
Well PA usually gets a fairly moderate amount of winterly precipitation but I live in a certain part of the state that doesn't barely get anything.  Pyrojockey should remember that snowstorm we had back in december.  Philly got like a foot of snow but we got like 3 inches, so lame.

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 07:26:29 PM »
You guys are silly, Ive been wearing shorts and t-shirts all winter!  8)
High five son!

*highfive*
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
You guys are silly, Ive been wearing shorts and t-shirts all winter!  8)

Actually, I'm not sure I could go through a winter where I could wear t-shirts and shorts all season long. Guess I'm too used to the chill of winter. :P
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets