Author Topic: "We now return to 'D1 Robot hunting'!"  (Read 2534 times)

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
"We now return to 'D1 Robot hunting'!"
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »
<imagine documentry voice>
"Ahh yes, a fine specimen. A medium hulk firing green lasers"

"Granted, it's nothing really special. But this may be the evidence of a further new species of brown hulks, mabye something that launches plasma shots, or perhaps even that weird robot spreadfire shot. Who knows"

(BTW: For those interested, I could reveal what I ended up doing to hack the robot info (it isn't very hard at all), but it's not really worth it because you can't do it as a mod like in D2)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:08:36 AM by InsanityBringer »

Offline S13driftAZ

• Silver
  • I suck at descent
    • DescentBB Profile
Re: "We now return to 'D1 Robot hunting'!"
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
Wow did you have a pokeball? Cause finding a shiny hulk is a 1 in 8192 chance.  :D

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:11:36 AM »
Heh, if you listen to him in the IRC, with the stuff he can get into, he could make it 1 in 1 chance of seeing a shiney. He can do absolutely anything to that bot. What he is doing sounds similar to D3 Table file...tweaking. :P
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 07:10:01 AM »
Everything is a overstatement for the moment. I haven't gotten any of the polymodel stuff working yet so I'm stuck with default models (but by hacking certain structs in the file I can change textures and all of that. I just need to find the right IDs).

The D1 stuff is a lot more limited compared to D2, which both sucks and is great (if you could mod the robots, I very well see Vignettes being Enemy Within for D1). You have more limits on what you can change. Less sounds, only one gun type, less control over the way it works (no aim var, for example).

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets