Cileweb
Black Light SMF
Black Fs
New Theme: Musiconica
New Theme: GI Digital
New Theme: Referance
New Theme: Helios Multi
New Theme: Dirge

Author Topic: Some new themes, and a theme switcher.  (Read 15988 times)

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
Re: Some new themes, and a theme switcher.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »
I'm using Debase. The only issue I see are some broken links to the image http://www.planetdescent.net/Themes/Debase10/images/smshield.gif
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 08:31:50 PM »
Debase seems to be a little "off" in spots on Internet Explorer 7 - the navigation bar (home, forum, gallery, etc) and the page location (planet descent >> forum >> planet descent etc.) run together on Debase. I have not tried it on 8 yet. Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari are displaying it perfectly fine. This is pretty standard of most sites, of course.  ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 04:58:02 AM »
I'm using Debase in IE8 and the items D2Junkie mentioned do not run togther but there is no vertical separation between the two while I use a zoom factor of 100%. If I increase the zoom factor to 125% the items separate. If I decrease the zoom factor to 75%, then they run into each other.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 06:24:49 AM »
I'm trying to use Black Light, as thus far it's been the one I'm most comfortable with. Yes, I have tried checking the permanent box after switching to the theme I want, and it didn't seem to make a difference.  :'(

There's nothing wrong with Reference...except for the fact that I just don't like the white background. Which is weird, because normally I'm indifferent about forum backgrounds, and there are plenty of other forums that I visit that have white backgrounds, which have never bothered me. I don't know why Reference irks me so much.  ???

Trying to switch themes again...let's see if it'll stick this time...
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009, 07:18:56 AM »
I have IE8 in addition to FireFox and about the only significant issues I've spotted with DeBase in it's current form is with regards to the small blue shield orb the indicate Admin/Mod/Forum rank (for some you there are two golden stars) in your profile info.

It looks like the link to the graphic for that is currently broken in the DeBase theme.  FireFox (unless you tell it otherwise) doesn't shape a broken graphic box substitute unless the web page tells it to shape a box for it.  IE8 (and I assume IE7 does the same) will show the broken graphic box as a visual que to you that there is something missing there.  I'm not sure, that behavior may have a toggle as well.

As is, FireFox doesn't show the problem, just doesn't show the missing graphic, thus the page still looks pretty good.  IE8 takes the time to show the issues to anyone and everyone.

I'm sure Command-In-Chief will be correcting it when he can.

Offline The Chief

• Commander
  • Silver
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2009, 02:07:22 PM »
Yes, the animated graphics were annoying with so many on every page, so I will make some new ones non animated. The reason the graphics link is broken is because I reloaded the theme after I screwed with it and haven't reloaded the graphics.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 05:19:10 AM »
Update: Site actually remembered my preferred theme t'day. All is well here. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets