Author Topic: D2X Rebirth won't work  (Read 4264 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
D2X Rebirth won't work
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »
So, I'm trying to get it to work on Dad's computer. I am transfering it from a flash drive. I got it on there and I am able to run it and navigate the menus, I can start a mission, but right after the cutscenes and the second before you start at the "Prepare for Descent" screen, it exits out without so much as a good bye. Same exact thing on our 3rd computer.

Dad's computer is an old (but not too old) HP running XP

The 3rd computer is a old Micon running XP.

D3 works fine on both of them.
Please help!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
Re: D2X Rebirth won't work
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
I tried doing the same on my sisters computer. I kept starting it up, messing with some graphics options and it ended up as a BSOD. So be careful. Thats about all i can say.
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
Thanks for that advice.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
I had a problem when I tried to copy rebirth usning a portable drive. Just wouldn't run. I ended up removing it and doing a clean install of Rebirth, then all was well.

You may want to check on the Rebirth forum http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/smf/index.php
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:10:44 PM »
I forgot to mention, I brought the drive back to my computer and it worked fine.

Offline Zantor

• Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »
Try turning off graphical enhancements like multisampling, VSync, and texture filtering. Set your resolution to something lower like 640x480 or 800x600.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 10:27:39 PM »
It's working now!

<story>
Turns out that the flash drive that I was using could not handle the awesomeness of Descent. I had lost my old one that could work so I borrowed my dad's. That was the one that sux. So I found an 8GB flash drive for $20 (utter steal compared to the prices at Best Buy) and that one works. It even has enough room for me to cram  D1, D2, D3, and Vortex into it! Possibly even some additional junk. Descent hub at school!
</story>

I love my new FD. :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets