Author Topic: Gifts  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Bettina

• Silver
Gifts
« on: December 18, 2009, 04:04:29 PM »
Hi all.

If you have any dolls, toys, video games or anything else that you're no longer using there are lots of kids and even teenagers that can use them. They just need to be clean and in good working condition.

There are lots of families out of work and this year will be tight for a lot of them so if you can find some time please call your local fire department or church to see where you can drop them off. Some volunteers will even pick them up.

Thanks,

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
Re: Gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:09:12 PM »
My school runs such a drive on an annual basis. The only problem though is everything I could donate has been thrown out in the past by not me or hidden away.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 05:59:45 AM »
You could also drop them off at the thrift store I work at. We'll accept any donations just so long as it's useable, not trashy, and it's not an applanace (like a refrigerator or washing machine). :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 07:41:46 AM »
Every year we tell the boys that they need to get rid of the toys so there is room for more at Christmas and birthdays. (which are in December and January, so it looks like this weekend. We usually round up a big bag full to donate somewhere.

In addition to the above mentioned recipient possibilities, there is also Goodwill. We got a coat there a few days ago for my oldest son after he broke the zipper on the one he had... Fifteen bucks, it looks like brand new!

And don't forget the Toys For Tots program, although that needs to be a new toy.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets