Author Topic: sig round two  (Read 7657 times)

Offline S13driftAZ

• Silver
  • I suck at descent
    • DescentBB Profile
sig round two
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »

Offline S13driftAZ

• Silver
  • I suck at descent
    • DescentBB Profile
Re: sig round two
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:59:05 PM »
Dang its obnoxiously big....

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 05:05:48 PM »
It's hilarious though!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
What goes on in the mind of any IT support worker almost every day.  ;D
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 05:23:54 PM »
Hey, think my dad can use that at work? He's stuck in with a bunch of oldies who have never heard of an "updated, more accurate manual." He doesn't give a damn for the old ways.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:50:30 PM »
What goes on in the mind of any IT support worker almost every day.  ;D
At least once every work day, with perhaps some verbage alterations.  Trust me, I know.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 06:40:29 AM »
*Laughs*

I can imagine. I once worked in a fast-food restaurant with a guy who used said change-of-verbage to refer to everything.

[**** man, we need that **** over here now. Cliff, go grab that **** and bring it over and sit it on that **** sitting here and I'll get to working on that **** as soon as I get a chance. -Coworker]

[English, please? -Myself]

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
lol... I recently saw one similar, that started off something about downloading some virus, in the bottom it had buttons for abort, continue, cancel, but no matter which one you pushed it said something like too late, continuing anyway. Then it went through installing virus, updating virus, deleting all data from drive c, and finally "Letting Smoke Out Of Processor" with some skull and crossbones answer. You were supposed to install it as a screen-saver on your wife's laptop or a co-worker machine.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »
My favorite was one which altered words on the screen... but very very infrequently, so that you wouldn't notice. 

It was funny to see someone typing along, pausing for a moment, and looking back at the screen, only to notice that some of their words had become gobbledygook.  (Of course, it wasn't permanent; scrolling the word off the screen and back fixed it.)  :)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
I remember a little program a friend of mine showed me, that, when clicked upon, it'd open a window that would claim that it was now deleting all the files on your hard drive in very technical terms, and along the bottom of the window it would say "Deleting C:\..." going through all of your files one by one. At first glance, it looked like it was really deleting the files.

When you go to tell it to abort, though, it'll refuse, and keep doing so as you continue to tell it to abort. At first, it's very technical about it, maintaining the ruse, but then it'll start making sillier and sillier comments about the matter, acting like it's getting madder and madder. Finally, it'll confirm at one point that it's not actually deleting anything, but still won't stop, just so to annoy you. Eventually, if you tell it to abort enough times (which is quite a few times) it'll finally abort and close, leaving everything like it was before.

It's actually pretty funny. :)

If memory serves, tho, it needed to re-verbalize a few things itself. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »
An interesting program for Mac users is "Lose/Lose," a little art game designed so that the only way to win is to... well, not play. You have a Galaga-style fighter, and you have alien ships close in you. Each alien ship is a random file on the computer (could be anywhere - a random jpeg or a crucial system file), and every time you destroy one, it deletes that file. If you are destroyed yourself, the program self-destructs and deletes itself.

It takes some major commitment to play that game.  ;)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 07:26:48 AM »
Either that or just dumb.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:54:35 AM »
I think I've seen that game before, now that I think about it...
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline S13driftAZ

• Silver
  • I suck at descent
    • DescentBB Profile

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
I guess the philosophy part is whether you are willing to lose to data to blow up a few virtual aliens. mmm... yeah that's real deep, man...  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets