Author Topic: Seraph Mine (released 1/12/2009)  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Seraph Mine (released 1/12/2009)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:11:28 AM »
Looks intriguing... why do you say the name is unsuitable?
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »
I think the term you're looking is "was unsuitable".   ;)

I'm wondering too.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
To quote Dictionary.com...

"serâ‹…aph: 1. one of the celestial beings hovering above God's throne in Isaiah's vision. Isa. 6. 2. a member of the highest order of angels, often represented as a child's head with wings above, below, and on each side."

Therefore, the word is somewhat religious in nature, and I personally associate something bright and cheery and peaceful with such a term. Sapphire's level seems to be everything but that judging from those pictures, though. :P

Will download and play at next opportunity. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
Seraph is also the Covenant fighter in Halo. (Yes I know what the Banshee is, you see the Seraph in Halo 2)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »
And it's also the name of one of the Word of Blake Celestial series Omnimechs from Battletech
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:50:19 PM by SapphireWolf »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
Okay, played the level, and it was a good play. Didn't require that much effort to beat, but it wasn't easy, either, which is good. T'would make for a good opening level for a set, if that were so. I was also impressed with the level's overall structuring, and it's inventive rooms and corridors. Especially that circular room in the blue room, that was very nice. But it was big and mostly empty, and didn't have enough in it. In fact, that happened more than once, where there were these nice and big rooms, but didn't have quite enough in them. A few texturing problems here and there, but nothing major, hardly noticiable. I only noticed because I was keeping an eye for them, mostly. Very indirect way to get to the yellow door, which just seemed to drag the journey out unnessecarily. If there were a shorter route, that would be nice. I liked how in the red room, there was no real place to hide, particularly once those generators started working, forcing you to keep moving to dodge the shots from the generated robots and the reactor. A few bots were pretty easy to snipe from afar before they had much chance to strike back, but that might have been due to the difficulty level I was on, (which wasn't that high), so that could be a moot point.

All in all, a good level, though. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
Okay, to make it more challenging, I've included a hard version of the level separately within the zip so this version will have tough as nails Robots (from D1 of course) such as the Fusion Hulk.  Re-download it if you want to try the Hard version.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets