Author Topic: *Blows off account dust*  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Top Gun

• Silver
  • PD Pyro
*Blows off account dust*
« on: April 10, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »
Not sure why I decided to wander here tonight, but I'm glad to see you guys are still alive and kicking. (The site seems a bit...under the weather though.) I never wound up posting all that much here, but it's nice to see something still keeping the old name alive.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: *Blows off account dust*
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 05:47:30 AM »
Yes, although sadly I don't know if it'll be for much longer, as it seems most of the userbase has long moved on--not a whole lot of activity here anymore, sadly.  :(

But yes, some of us are still here and still pop in to see what's happening every now and then.  :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 03:57:44 AM »
Wow!! I can't believe I remembered my password, on the first try even!!

I'm still alive and well, much has changed about me and my life (currently cringing at past 10+ yr ago me, however i'll keep everything on this site the same for the sake of being recognizable :3) but the thing that hasn't changed is that I've still been playing a lot of Descent!!

Just recently been reminiscing on the memories and relationships I've made through this game. I'm happy to see that this site is still around. (although in a little bit of disrepair, but I digress)

I'd love to get a MP game going sometime or pop in a server but a lot of stuff seems inaccessible, stuff like Vortex, descent.cx and even stuff like maps/missions, very sad to see :C

I'm happy that there's still some passion for this game though, I hope you all stay well!!

If any of y'all would ever like to contact me just lemme know, I got Steam, Discord, FB, all, or at least most of that junk. (Is there a Descent discord??? I'd join if there was one!!!)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 04:16:41 AM by Ronin RedFox »
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 12:12:15 PM »
Time for another PD reunion? Can we get more than 1 person on? :P

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 08:14:23 AM »
Maybe!! I'd be around for sure. Actually started hanging out in the Overload discord lately, and been starting/playing a lot of matches. Good fun! Descent still wins me over for sure, though.
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 04:55:44 AM »
I lurk, therefore I am.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 01:39:28 PM »
I lurk, therefore I am.

8)

There just isn't much to say about Descent anymore. But, I will keep this place alive as long as I can.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023, 04:41:04 AM »
Descent 3 online was a blast! I had great memories there.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 11:41:30 AM »
I do miss the good times of D3 Multiplayer :(
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2023, 04:27:06 PM »
I miss that a lot! It was one of the only online games I played and it was soooo much fun. CTF varicose veins, ahh....how wonderful those days were.

There were other good ones too.

Offline Grizz

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2023, 11:47:33 AM »
Wow!! I can't believe I remembered my password, on the first try even!!

I'm still alive and well, much has changed about me and my life (currently cringing at past 10+ yr ago me, however i'll keep everything on this site the same for the sake of being recognizable :3) but the thing that hasn't changed is that I've still been playing a lot of Descent!!

Just recently been reminiscing on the memories and relationships I've made through this game. I'm happy to see that this site is still around. (although in a little bit of disrepair, but I digress)

I'd love to get a MP game going sometime or pop in a server but a lot of stuff seems inaccessible, stuff like Vortex, descent.cx and even stuff like maps/missions, very sad to see :C

I'm happy that there's still some passion for this game though, I hope you all stay well!!

If any of y'all would ever like to contact me just lemme know, I got Steam, Discord, FB, all, or at least most of that junk. (Is there a Descent discord??? I'd join if there was one!!!)

The descent.cx browser is back up.
http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3

And the Tsetsefly browser here:

https://tsetsefly.de/

There's also a working version of Vortex here:

https://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24836&fbclid=IwAR30vf0CCRKRPbEwW58EV2snZDz2IwS0rGs2nuL3qc6tKPZngixlwO_C1TU

Checkor keeps the BOZ bot ascent server going so you can join and not get too bored waiting for someone else to join, which still occasionally happens.
I've been in a few games the past few weeks with 4 or more players.

A few of us stay in touch on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276691325829808

I still check in here occasionally..

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2023, 05:23:57 AM »
Best I can do is Overload. I have Descent on steam but I am not on computers much.

Offline Grizz

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2023, 07:58:12 AM »

Offline Grizz

• Silver
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2023, 07:59:09 AM »
And another here a lot of the D3 community uses:

https://discord.com/channels/530255742037655563/564607448980389888

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets