Author Topic: DLE has a virus?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
DLE has a virus?
« on: April 06, 2022, 07:42:15 PM »
Apparently Microsoft Defender marked dle.exe as a virus that's Severe.  Is it a false positive or it became infected because...Windows 10?
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: DLE has a virus?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 10:57:39 PM »
I highly doubt it's anything but a false positive. It's so old any malicious code it did have would've been found a decade ago. Where'd you get it from?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 05:19:49 AM »
Yes, where did you get it from, and was it recently downloaded? Because if it was a recent download, it's possible the site you downloaded it from was likewise infected and slipped in malware with the download (though these days, most anti-virus systems are good at alerting such things).

If not though, and you've had the file on the computer for awhile now, then yes, it's almost certainly a false positive.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 10:45:02 AM »
I have the latest version for almost 2 years on my hard drive before when I migrated my SSDs to my new (and current) rig (since last October).  Anyways, thanks for the answers.  It's definitely a false positive and not downloaded outside of sourceforge or the d2x-xl site
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets