Author Topic: Roll Call November 2021  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Bettina

• Silver
Roll Call November 2021
« on: November 13, 2021, 03:46:19 PM »
Just flying by and noticed a light was still on so I had to give a quick hello. I typed in Descentbb.com by mistake and saw that it was dead so I wondered if .net and you guys were still here and I'm glad to see you both are. Although I don't play games "Subway Dancer" :) will sometimes pop into my head during the few times that a flight gets really bumpy.

Boy, still hard to believe I was here as a teen and now I'm 33 but it's the middle of the road when I look at my friends. Still love my job, still not married, but live with the first boyfriend I ever had along with my dad in the house I grew up in. Anyway, I hope you're all healthy and enjoying life as I am and I'll try to stop in again soon to see who's still here. 

This is not political in any way but don't listen to the naysayers. Wear a mask when in mixed company and take those shots if they're available to you because you don't want to be those unvaccinated patients I've seen. I took mine in the beginning along with boosters.

Love you guys
Bettina C.

"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Re: Roll Call November 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 11:51:32 PM »
I'm still here but don't log in very often as I used to.  Last Month I got a new custom built PC so I can play games with the NVidia Geforce RTX 2060 (for example Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries).  I'm just waiting for the time of Release of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (remakes of the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl games for the Nintendo DS) that are coming to Nintendo Switch in November 19th (I pre-ordered Pokemon Shining Pearl (as a physical copy).  Anyways,  I've been vaccinated twice in the past 6+ months and got my booster a few days ago so I can fully be with my local Pokemon Go Posse. :P (even before the booster after the 2 weeks post-vaccinations)  I'm still job hunting (considering working at a local Barnes and Noble).  Good to hear that you're still around. :)

PS I don't visit DBB(net) due to a certain incident with a certain user that pestered me.

PSS here are the specs of my new computer-
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560 DS3H Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 11700F 2.5 Ghz
CPU ARGB Heatsink and Fan
Trace MR Gaming RGB Case
500W Power Supply
16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz
5000 GB SSD M2 NVME (with 2 of my other SSDs; 2 TB and 1 TB respectively)
ASUS SF RTX 2060 6GB
Windows 10 Home
RGB Keyboard and Mouse Combo
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:59:41 PM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 07:26:30 AM »
I'm still here, though likewise not really doing as much gaming as I once was. Been caught up in a lot of other projects so much that I just haven't really been making the time for it like I once did. Otherwise life affairs are stable and fairly routine. I have a decent enough job, living in an apartment that I share with my brother, in close contact with family...still single though, but we don't need to get into my failings there. :P Really, just in a stable enough a spot in life that I'm really more looking ahead to what the future will bring than fretting as much about the here and now.

I have been vaccinated, but before I had access to that,  I did also catch the darn thing (incidentally a little more than a year ago now). I can verify you're better off trying to avoid catching it yourselves if at all possible.  ;)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 06:16:05 AM »
Greetings!

I check in here from time to time. I don't do a lot of gaming anymore, too many other things to do, and I feel the sense of community is missing from current games. While I haven't played online in years I do jump into D1 on a regular regular basis to relive any job related stress. Sometime you just need to blow s**t up.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline Thunderbird

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 10:31:58 AM »
I pop by from time to time (don't really visit DBB though). Been buried in FFXIV lately.

Been fully vaxxed since mid-May, though I still wear a mask when out and about (though let me tell you, that does make the arcade dancing games a little bit harder :P).

Dating life, eh...that's been a trainwreck for the past several years, let's not go there...

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 11:49:41 AM »
Not vaxxed or masked. Lovely job I have. They did give me the option of a religious or medical exemption though.
Please do the research on this stuff. I have had family and friends of family mention people that died while getting the vaccine. I don't want anyone to die, vaxxed or not. Covid or not.
I am going to enjoy Christmas as I did with Thanksgiving.
Hope you all do too.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 04:38:52 PM »
Well I still recognize every name  :) and it was nice to read some life events associated with them. I'll check in again somewhere in the summer but for now have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year too. And, if you see a medical heli go by give a wave to my friends...or me.

Love Bee...

"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 10:34:37 AM »
Hi! I got a doggo thanks to full-time work from home. Other than that, not much is new. I still game a lot, when I'm not taking care of my dog or doing stuff around the house. Glad to see everyone here is still doing well!

I am fully vaxxed as well and believe everyone who can should be. "Deaths after vaccination" is a boogeyman. There have been 4.2 billion people vaccinated. Statistically, some of them were going to drop dead the next day, whether they got the vaccine or not.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 08:49:32 PM »
Don't play anymore myself but still it is nice to see you all here!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 09:08:05 AM »
I'm still around, just don't post much.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets