Author Topic: Classic TV Shows ('90s, '80s or earlier)  (Read 8575 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Classic TV Shows ('90s, '80s or earlier)
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
  • Speed Racer, mentioned before, worth mentioning again. It was not politically correct.

Speed Buggy and Speed Racer are two completely different shows. I had rarely watched Speed Buggy, but had never heard of Speed Racer untill much later. Speed Buggy was a dune buggy with a life of his own. One segment I do remember Speed Buggy was following somebody and every so often would spit out a part so his people could follow him. The gathered the parts as they followed and when they caught up poor Speed Buggy was near dead from the loss of so many parts. So they opened his bonnet and threw the parts in. He chewed them a bit and came back to life.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »
... They gathered the parts as they followed and when they caught up poor Speed Buggy was near dead from the loss of so many parts. So they opened his bonnet and threw the parts in. He chewed them a bit and came back to life.
Yup, that's the life of a cartoon character.  Personally, I liked (and rooted for) the dim-witted guy who always fixed Speed Buggy.

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »
Speed Buggy and Speed Racer are two completely different shows.

True, I was referring to SapphireWolf mentioning Speed Racer in the original post. I've seen Speed Buggy but never really watched it. People got killed in Speed Racer while Speed Buggy was non-violent, more like "Scooby Doo" with wheels. They were a decade apart, the 1960's vs. the 1970's.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets