Author Topic: Omens: Resurgence out now!  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
Omens: Resurgence out now!
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »

The latest level in the Omens series is available now. Although I have tested the level multiple times (in both singleplayer and multiplayer) I cannot guarantee it is bug free. But I did learn a few tricks from the first project, so hopefully it will go a bit smoother this time around. As with all heavily modified levels, please ensure you have D3 setup correctly and are aware of the limitations surrounding modded maps. You can download it here: https://sectorgame.com/d3/downloads/?nav=display&file=882

Resurgence is smaller than the first Omens mission, but you can still expect a good 1.5 hours of play for a full complete run.
The level features mostly the same Overload-style bots and weapons, but there are a few additions here and there.
I recommend playing on Rookie if you want a casual run, but Hotshot shouldn't as challenging as the first Omens.

CO-OP is fully supported.

Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Omens: Resurgence out now!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »
Played it just now--very nice! I think I like it even more than the previous Omens level, because it was great too and certainly had it moments, but it also had its tedious spots. This one just jumps right to it and keeps the action going pretty much all throughout, it feels. Excellent pacing (and good story too ;)).

Any chance we can have a download for its soundtrack? I quite enjoyed it. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »
Not just yet, but you can find it on my Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FinjEx-K2O0

Glad you liked it :) I was more aware of the tedious parts in Omens after exploring the level through other players eyes, so that helped me judge the right balance between too easy and too hard. Hopefully this one scales up just enough to make it easier on Rookie but still provides a sufficient challenge on Hotshot.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »
I finally go to this.  Was playing it and got to where the two pilots were released from their PTMC containers... and in the ensuing battle with bots I suddenly got a "string missing" error and Main.exe crashed.  :'(

I'll play it again later.  Thus far, looked like fun.  8)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »
Very Nice!  8)  Totally enjoyed it!  Well done!

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 08:53:25 PM »
I think it's because they have a shield impact effect, I'll probably fix that when I patch the level. It seems to crash on some setups (perhaps the original CD version).

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets