Author Topic: Looking for a Midnight Club style game for PS4, Wii U and/or Switch  (Read 2374 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Im looking for a "Midnight Club" style game. What specifically am I after? Free style playing. Racing and upgrades are fun, but sometimes just racing around is too.
Anyone know of any games?
Im on youtube, searching, but not sure I found anything yet.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
Re: Looking for a Midnight Club style game for PS4, Wii U and/or Switch
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:24:34 AM »
I've been playing Need For Speed: Payback recently, which I got on the e-store for 10 bucks on sale. I know this one was really hated because of its use of loot boxes, but it was tweaked heavily so your "random" rewards from race wins are almost always an upgrade to your current ride, thereby negating any need to buy a loot box, ever. Worst case scenario, you might have to grind out a couple of races for cash every now and again.

Annoying mechanics aside, though, this has actually been one of my favorite NFS games to date. Huge map, lots of cars, really granular customization options, solid controls, widely varying event types... It's a blast if you can get it on sale.
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 06:43:08 PM »
Honestly the only racer I've really played in years is Trackmania.  It has a sort of exploration, in the way that a mapper can turn the blank world-space into any track they want... and there are plenty out there.  I don't think that's exactly what you're looking for but depending what itch of yours needs scratching it might or might not come close.  And there is a version on PS4 now.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 01:45:22 PM »
thanks guys. sorry for delay, just got very busy with a lot of stuff here.

Gotta try Overload online one day. Miss Descent days online a lot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets