Author Topic: Little Orbit  (Read 178 times)

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
Little Orbit
« on: May 03, 2019, 01:05:12 PM »
The Descendent Studios web site and the Descent 2019 (Descent: Underground) game servers are now down. It appears their new publisher Little Orbit is the cause of the delay in development. I do not know all the details, but apparently they are not delivering on their promises for resources, such as testers, GUI developers, console ports and funding. Instead of being a savior of Descent 2019. it appears they are killing it. I am expecting an official statement to be released soon.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
    • Scyphi Productions
Re: Little Orbit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 05:09:43 AM »
You know, hearing this admittedly doesn't surprise me all that much. Personally, I'm holding out for said official statement first before assuming too much about what's going on, but from the start, I worried joining forces with Little Orbit was going to bring up complications the, frankly already troubled, DU group weren't going to need on top of everything else.

But at the same time, from what Descendant has said about the behind the scenes stuff, I can't blame them too much for doing it. They really did need the added help of another studio to get all the remaining loose ends of the game squared away in a timely manner, and Little Orbit seemed to promise that help. So to hear any word that Little Orbit may not be making good on those promises is still disheartening, to say the least.  :(
"Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE! RAIN!"
See me also at deviantART.

Please Help Support PD!

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 255
  • Latest: upk2001
Stats
  • Total Posts: 20098
  • Total Topics: 1477
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 104