Author Topic: Issues with thrustmaster hotas  (Read 5702 times)

Offline Lazulean

• Bronze
Issues with thrustmaster hotas
« on: August 03, 2018, 06:36:34 AM »
I have a thrustmaster t.16000M FCS and TCWS throttle. When i tried to use it, it seemed to give out a constant z-axis with my joystick and a constant v-axis with my throttle. I was told that they were too new to work properly. Is there a fix for this?

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
Re: Issues with thrustmaster hotas
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 08:51:14 AM »
Which game, specifically? If it's the first two, I'm sure there's a source port out there that can recognize the HOTAS... If it's Descent 3, you might be a little out of luck, unless someone knows a crazy workaround.
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Lazulean

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 10:18:16 AM »
Yeah, it's d3. I've tried calibrating it but that didn't seem to work, that's when i was told it might be an issue with d3 being older.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure how you'd fix that... There might be some third-party utility for HOTAS controllers that can Jerry rig some of the commands for you (similar to how x360ce can map other controllers to emulate an Xbox 360 controller), but since I've never used a HOTAS, I'm not sure where you would find such an app (or if there is one at all).

Sorry, I'm not much help.  :(

Oh, and I forgot - Welcome to PD!

Offline Lazulean

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 06:25:37 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. This would've actually been my first time using a hotas with d3, i usually only used a joystick and keyboard. I might try it with my gamepad and see if that works better, i did manage to find a set up that worked nicely for overload.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
That's a thought. I've never actually tried a gamepad with D3... Might need to try that. I can't stand the way it plays with mouse, and I can't exactly use a joystick when I just want to throw my laptop on the couch and wind down after a long day. I might have to give that a shot, if I can map the Xbox One controller for it effectively.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets