Author Topic: Blast from the D3 Past  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Bettina

• Silver
Blast from the D3 Past
« on: April 19, 2018, 06:17:31 AM »
Could almost be a song title... Just wanted to check and say hello and congratulations Vanguard.  I don't play D3 or any game for that matter but hopefully some of you are keeping it alive. I'm just way too busy with work (RN) and family but I can still remember the good times I had with you guys.

Wish you all a healthy 2018 and beyond.

Bettina
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Blast from the D3 Past
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »
Heh, I can relate to the "too busy" problem. I still get to play the odd game, but I don't play nearly as much Descent or many other games anymore as I used to--and I was never that hardcore a gamer to begin with, Descent is just the special exception ;D--and it's totally because it'd just too hard to spare the time anymore.

Nice to hear from you again, Bett.  :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 03:36:46 PM »
Why helllo there :)
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 04:12:04 AM »
Hi Bettina... good to see you're still around and thanks for stopping in!

8)
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »
Always nice to hear from you, Bettina  :)

Fellow RN, I totally get the work thing. What do you do, specifically? I currently work at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in the GI procedures/Endoscopy department... Not the most glamorous department, but I've worked up to lower-level management, so I deal more with staff than with patients these days. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so good... At least I work Monday-Friday days now, no crazy hours :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:24:51 AM by OVRLDisciple »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 05:23:52 AM »
At least I work Monday-Friday days now, no crazy hours :P

See, I need a job like that, one that doesn't have such crazy hours itself. :P Actually, it's not that bad, there are just weeks when it gets a little weary.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »
Thank you Bettina. I certainly remember seeing you online a while back.
With two boys now, I just don't have time to get on Descent 3. That, and I have no copy of it. On occasion, it's a Legend of Zelda night, or some old Nintendo game from the Wii U store.

I have a Monday-Friday job as well. Used to have overtime, 56 hours or so a week, now it's just 40.

Good to hear from you Bettina. It sure is a blast from the Descent 3 past. Those were fun days :)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 11:10:49 PM »
Thanks Bettina.  Those were the good times but alas, I don't play that much of multiplayer in Descent in general (I do still play Descent, don't get me wrong).
I'm just busy with life and such by looking for a part-time job (can't tell you where), playing Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sun and then Ultra Sun, Metroid Samus Returns on 3DS, playing on the SNES Classic Mini, playing the more recent Battletech PC game, and playing Nintendo Switch games (such as Pokken DX, Super Mario Odyssey, Arms, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) (sorry I can't give you my FC, I made a personal choice not to friend anyone I don't know in the real world in the first place, but I only friend other people that I met in real life, outside the internet (such as those from school, local meetups, etc.), playing Overwatch, and doing house work.

I don't communicate on forums super often as I usually do in the past, but I do check the forums on an occasion without logging in.  I still make levels though for y'all to enjoy.

It's a pleasure to hear from you, Bettina.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:15:32 PM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 05:33:39 AM »
Always nice to hear from you, Bettina  :)

Fellow RN, I totally get the work thing. What do you do, specifically? I currently work at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in the GI procedures/Endoscopy department... Not the most glamorous department, but I've worked up to lower-level management, so I deal more with staff than with patients these days. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so good... At least I work Monday-Friday days now, no crazy hours :P

Wow.. All the familiar names here. Sapphire Wolf, Vanguard, Scyphi, WillyP, Hunter (your designs were awesome) but can't recall OVRLDisciple. Wonder if we ever played together?

Anyway fellow RN.... I apologize for not getting back to you. Although PD was my very first Descent home, my gaming days have long been over so my touchdowns here are several months apart, albeit I make flybys to see whats going on. I'm going to try and stop in more often.

To be specific, I'm an ER/Flight nurse (CEN/CFRN) getting my BSN degree at Boston College then starting my career in my hospitals mixed ICU. After three years there I transferred to the ER which is definitely not a glam job either especially for my 5'3 103lb frame. While there, I received my Air Ambulance certification (rotor) which I considered the greatest thrill of my life. So basically, I work the ER until I get a call to the roof to join my crew which is usually three times a week. Sometimes it's scene calls where it's think fast, work fast, or easy transports where we deliver or pickup. Crazy hours? I work 50 a week that are scattered day, night, and weekends. I love my job! :)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »
Wow.. All the familiar names here. Sapphire Wolf, Vanguard, Scyphi, WillyP, Hunter (your designs were awesome) but can't recall OVRLDisciple. Wonder if we ever played together?

My bad, I'm D2Junkie. Changed to D2Disciple a while back just due to my job and having gotten a poor taste in my mouth for the word "junkie," even though obviously I meant it in the more lighthearted, non-drug related sense. Foil suggested Disciple, I liked it... Not least because it just so happens to be the name of one of my favorite bands. :P Changed to OVRLDisciple temporarily to hype up the release of Overload. I'll be back to D2Disciple when it drops on May 31.   :)

Flight/ER Nurse... Man, that's quite a job. I don't know if I could handle that kind of pressure. We have a flight critical care transport and those folks are hardcore. Major props to you for going that route.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:12:39 AM by OVRLDisciple »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »
D2Junkie... I remember you!! In fact I remember all the "oldies" from the D3 world which is the only game I played. I never did D1, D2, or any other game.

As far as the pressure, I find it pretty much the same whether I'm on a flight call or in the ER. The ICU was by far the easiest to work.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets