Author Topic: IM options in the profile are a tad out of date  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Thunderbird

• Silver
IM options in the profile are a tad out of date
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:22:56 PM »
With Yahoo basically becoming a shell of itself last year, and AIM/ICQ set to shut down this coming week (and MSN already integrated into Skype), methinks the IM options in profiles could use updates to more modern stuff :P.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: IM options in the profile are a tad out of date
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:36:02 AM »
Just leave the field blank if you don't use them. There doesn't seem to be a way to change these in the admin area, so some coding would have to be done, and that complicates things when the forum software needs to be updated.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 04:02:12 AM »
I haven't used AIM in years, but a little part of me hates to see it go. Many a late summer night spent chatting with friends about video games, music, movies, politics, religion, social issues, etc.... Good times.
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 06:28:51 AM »
I never really got into instant messaging myself, so sounds like that might've worked out in my favor still, at least in this instance.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »
I had some memories on there that was nice, some good friends/penpals.

But a lot was what you read about. People ignoring you, getting a new ID to see if they're logged in or simply blocking you. Messenging them to see if they are around. Changing ID's to weed out people I didn't want.

Linux saved my day back some 10 years ago. It was hard to get into a Yahoo chat room, and that addiction quickly faded and I no longer used messenger.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets