Author Topic: Pumo Mines level design convocatory  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
Pumo Mines level design convocatory
« on: July 14, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »
Hello once more Descenters.

Many on this community already know but some new members may not know about this, so I will introduce my work anyways.

As a long time Descenter and level maker, I started a project for Descent 2 many years ago (it was a level pack).

D2X-XL appeared and over the years it got severely improved and with superb features,
some of them requested by me to be used specifically for my project, so from a simple project
it turned into an ambitious project over the years.

So, nowadays, I'm making a huge Single-Player mission set and mod specifically designed for D2X-XL.
It's called "Pumo Mines : Kartsal Motivation", and it features original music, new weapons, new items,
new graphics, and even a new story developed on a completely original universe with original characters.

You can find more info here, at my website: http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr/documents/pm___kartsal_motivation.html

You can also check this video that shows the current state of the project:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOpD0v0tlmY

-

The mission pack is planned to feature 17 levels + 3 secret levels.

As for now, and thanks to some GREAT level designers that helped me on the project like Blarget, Wasabimaster, Darkhorse, Jason Gimba (Riomaki/ Kyouryuu), Darkflamewolf, Kruel and Kaiaatsel (Splotchie), I've got made up to level 11 (mainly structure shells, some still lacks enemies, items, etc).

-------------------------------------

But here it comes some important message:

Due to my job, health issues and lots of real life stuff, as of lately, I can't make enough time to work as much as I would like on the
project, as I only get the time to work on it once a week, but still I (and some of my 'fans') want to see project completed.

So, much as Darkflamewolf did for Enemy Within and Xfing is doing for Descent 1 1/2, I would like to call out level designers on this community, specially those that know how to make levels for Descent 1/2 (using DLE, DMB2, Devil, etc) to help me out on the project
(like the other famed level designers that I mentioned already helped me).

I don't need full levels, it could partial works or fragments here and there and it is OK, but there are some specifications, so if anyone here is interested in helping this project with level structures drop a line either in this topic or through private messages.

However, note that a minimum quality design level is required, as you can see from the video and the level designers that are part of the project.

Of course, every designer will get proper credit both on the project info at my website, readme files, manual and credits screen.

So, let the games begin, come in all level designers out there! :D

All the help would be VERY much appreciated.  :)
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Pumo Mines level design convocatory
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
Wow, that's pretty amazing, I wish I could help.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:52:03 AM »
Tempting! Though I've never officially released anything, I should have the level building skills you're looking for...but I'm not confident I'd have enough time to commit to it myself. I've got too many other, more important projects, that I'm working on right now!

Plus I haven't used D2X-XL in a couple of years now and would probably have to re-familiarize myself with it's quirks, plus I also have a few graphical concerns; the last time I tried running what little had been released of Pumo Mines at the time, didn't have a computer that could decently run it without choking. Since gotten better and newer computers, but I still worry it wouldn't be able to run the graphical standards I'm seeing in your demo video...though if you're just looking for level geometry...

Bah, I suppose it doesn't matter, I'm just not confident I can spare the time to give it the adequate attention needed, and that's what I'd need to resolve first.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
I would love to if I could! But I know nothing about DLE-XP, so unless you just want a few cubes with a player spawn point, I can't much be of any use. Sorry.  :-\
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline LightWolf

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 04:11:35 PM »
I think that SDLDevil will suffice, seeing as Pumo uses it for some areas.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 04:42:07 PM »
Hmmm... If I ever get around to it, I do have a level I was developing some time back but never finished...

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 09:31:36 AM »
Hmmm... If I ever get around to it, I do have a level I was developing some time back but never finished...

Incidentally, I was just thinking recently if you were ever going to get around to finishing that puppy. You had to have been pretty close, the level's practically already playable as is.

Of course, I'm one to talk. I have my own slew of levels that I started but never finished.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:43:27 AM by Scyphi »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »
Well now you've made me all curious!  ::) :P

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
Well, I'll let Techpro choose whether or not to come forward with the details, seeing it's his level.
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets