Poll

Should I finish the Hyperspace single player missions I was working on?

Yes, finish them!
12 (92.3%)
Maybe, I'm not bothered
0 (0%)
Nah, it's not worth it anymore
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Should I finish it?  (Read 24252 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: Should I finish it?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
It still makes me sad that Basewars never saw any play after all the work put into it. Hope to see something awesome come out of this!

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 07:28:49 AM »
Hey! I play Basewars! ...granted not in the multiplayer format intended, BUT STILL! :P

I think the reason why Basewars didn't catch on more with players is because it was so expansive. You could have the max number of players and it could still be hard to find other players to interact with (yet as I recall, it was rare to get the max number of players for games). But that's why I've been so keen about the single-player mod of Hyperspace. Basewars proved it was fun to go off, explore, and do your own thing solo, so I figure building a mod focused more for that will be additionally fun. :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
Basewars was more popular as a Co-Op style level than a Teams game. It was too big for players to just jump into. Most of the PVP games were arranged in advance. I think it was played at one of the EU LANs, too. I still think it got played more than OG3 though  ???

Speaking of Basewars, I recently posted a couple of the unposted soundtracks: http://sectorgame.com/d3/downloads/?nav=recent
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 09:01:13 PM by Hunter »
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
Ah, OG3... Another wonderful mod I wish had seen more play. Don't think it even runs on the current version.

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 05:52:45 PM »
Good news, I'm still working on this. The scripting is proving to be a challenge as D3 isn't really designed for this kind of thing, but I'm managing.
Here is a summary of what to expect from Silent Fury:

• 5 storyline missions - Whereas in Basewars you just roamed around, in this you'll be playing FreeSpace style missions within a simple story.
  • Over 30 new custom objects - Including a new playership, NPC friendlies, enemies and some extras such as stations, new turret models and miscellaneous objects.
  • New mechanics including an NPC support ship (I'm calling it The Shaman ;)), passive recharge for energy/shields, gadgets and wingmates.
  • Basewars weapons have been entirely retweaked so it's more suited to single player.
  • Texture pack ported over from Basewars, including a couple of entirely new textures and effects.
  • And lots more cool stuff such as a return of deployable drones, a new Hyperspace enviroment and more...

This isn't a wish list. Except for the missions which I'm working on right now, everything else has been built.
I'll post a couple of preview pics when I've done some lighting :)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »
This smiley accurately sums up my reaction to all of that:  ;D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 01:52:02 AM »
I've been away from home the last few weeks, so haven't had time to work on this. I do have access to the files, but my home setup is so perfect right now I don't wanna mess around with D3 and D3EDIT on another setup I'm not satisfied with. So as soon as I get back in about a week, I'll be resuming.  Aiming for late November-early December :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:53:19 PM by Hunter »

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2017, 10:56:44 PM »
Well we all know how procrastination can be ;) Although it's a been a mixed bag really - I've also moved home recently, so that certainly took up some time.

Anyway, here are some screenshots from the 'training' mission that I've been sitting on. I guess it will be the first of the 5 missions, as I doubt I'll doing 6.
Expect to see more previews later :) Consider these as alpha, not a final build.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 08:08:39 PM »
As always, cool (and excellent) work!

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »
Here I am going through a list of bugs as I wait for a level to be test-lighted. .

Coming along  8)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »
Yay!  :D
Check out my deviantART

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2017, 07:27:05 PM »
I'm nearly finished with the campaign. Just one more mission to put together.
Once I've done that, I will be doing several passes of the campaign to implement balancing, polishing and other aesthetic changes.
That will complete Act 1 - With any luck it will be out this spring. But to make that happen I'm going to need voice actors.

So if you're interested, PM me or e-mail to express your interest. There are 3-4 speaking parts with about 50~70 lines of dialogue each, and about 10-15 smaller parts.
I will probably voice 2 of the smaller parts myself, and I've got two other smaller parts already filled.  :)
Keep in mind you may need to be available for Act 2 if I proceed with that later in the year.

I will need at least 2 female voices. If you know anyone who is interested (anyone know how to reach Bettina?) let me know.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:29:38 PM by Hunter »

Offline VertigoAbyss

• Silver
    • https://vgsoundtrackreview.wordpress.com/
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
I absolutely love basewars, please do this.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
Nearing the end of development, moving onto post-production now (beautification, polish, balancing and fixes etc).

Also now starting the recording of dialogue.. if you are interested contact me!

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »
Awesome! Looking forward to playing this soon!

As far as female voice work is concerned, I'm not really sure where Bettina has been (although, if I recall, she kinda lurked around here for a short while some time ago). I'd suggest contacting Drakona, but I'm not sure she would be interested in anything D3-related or even if she has the equipment or means to record. I know there were other talented female pilots here for a while, but most of them have been gone for some time. Have you tried posting over at the DBB?
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets