Author Topic: New to Planet Descent, Not new to Descent  (Read 6089 times)

Offline RaginCajun72

• Silver
  • A true Cajun from South of I-10
    • My Facebook Page
Re: New to Planet Descent, Not new to Descent
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »
Oh yeah!  My mug came in!  and she's a beauty!  360° of frosty glass awesomeness!  Can't wait to get back home from this trip and start filling it up with some delicious coffee or tea!

"99 Problems and Descent isn't one of them."

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 05:28:21 AM »
Welcome, and glad to have you here!

Definitely finish D2... That's my favorite single-layer campaign of the 3 (if you couldn't tell by my callsign ::)). Other recommendations are Vertigo, as was mentioned, DarkFlameWolf's incredible D1 mission set "Descent Vignettes," which really pushes the boundaries of what could be done geometrically with the original D1 and D2 engines, and the Descent Maximum campaign, which was ported by a fan to the PC version of the game.

There are plenty of others as well... Trust me, you could spend the next five years working through some of the custom missions, especially if you check out some of the D2X-XL specific missions.  ;D
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »
We'll let you get through some of those first, but I can also suggest some fun custom missions as well, especially in the D1 range, of which there's plenty.  ;)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets